CHAPTER 28: Car Jaxed

Isabelle peered around a street pole, staring at a yellow haired demon. He was getting into his car as she snapped her golden whip, and slicing through the demons legs. He crumpled to dust, and Magnus walked up to the truck, zappeding it with his fingers.

He got in on the left side, the driver's side. "Ugh," he said. "Cars that drive on the other side."

Jace got in the front, sitting next to Magnus. Alec and Isabelle got caught in sitting in the back with Simon sprawled out across their legs.

Simon's head was on her lap and he was drooling. She smiled.

She hadn't told anyone, but, she had a crush on Simon. His dorkiness, his cuteness, and his perkiness.

Alec slapped her shoulder.

"Ow!" she yelled. "What the hell was that for?!"

"Stop drooling over Simon," he whispered. "Your basically a prostitute to all of the Downworld already. Do you want to be one to the Nephlim?"

Isabelle stuck her tounge out at her brother.

The car jolted forward.

{PAGEBREAKPAGEBREAKPAGEBREAK}

Clary found her jean shorts and a extra-large mens t-shirt to wear.

She searched her brother's weapon belt and found his holsters for his swords and seraph blades empty. But, his stele was intact.

She grabbed it and put it in the side of her shorts.

A rune, one not from the Grey Book, flashed behind her eyes, and she started to sprawl it on Jonathan's skin.

He shot up and looked around, eerily.

"Clarissa?" he asked. His voice was soft and raspy. Not like it was before- devilish and like an on coming motorboat.

"Johnny?" She moved toward and he wrapped his arms around her waist. She screamed in agony.

"Clarissa! What have I done? I'm sorry." He released her. "I'm a terrible person."

"Your-" she gasped. "Not........ You were jus-t- you had demon blood inside of- you."

"Doesn't mean I was right." His blue eyes caught her green ones and he pulled a metal round medicine holder out of his pants pocket. He crawled over to be behind her and pulled up her shirt.

Clary heard him dunk his fingers in the paste. She felt his fingers run over her back and the medicine working right away. She arched, screaming as if she were being possessed.

She tried scooting away, but he held onto her somehow and spread the paste all over her scars.

When he was finished, he pulled her to him into a hug and cried into her shirt.

She petted his head.

"I'm a horrible person." He croaked, pulling a switchblade out of his pocket.

Should have checked his pockets, Clary thought.

He opened it and handed it to her. "Just kill me," He pointed to his heart. "Stab me where it counts."

She took it from him, but closed it. She threw it across the room. She held onto her brother. "Let's get out of here, please? Without either of us dying."

Jonathan looked at her. "That's a good idea." He reached into his back pocket, and then his other, then his two front pockets. "Uhmm. The door locks from both the inside and the outside and I think I lost my key."

Clary wanted to slap him.