CHAPTER 23: Jumping Through Water

Clary was sitting on a stool in the library. She had her ear buds listening to 'Sarah Smiles' by Panic! At the Disco. Her legs had paint drips on them and her feet were bare.

She told everyone she needed some time alone, so she decided to paint what she saw in her dream. The three angels.

She got up to grab her smaller brush when a hand came over her mouth and a arm wrapped around her waist.

Her iPod fell onto the ground, and she suddenly found herself going through the portal.

{PAGEBREAKPAGEBREAKPAGEBREAK}

Jace walked into the library, being followed by Simon, Izzy, and Alec.

He saw Clary's paints and a canvas, but no Clary. He started to panic, but slowly calmed himself down.

Simon, on the other hand, was clearly trying to hide his fright, but he was failing. His knee was shaking and he kept reagusting his glasses.

Suddenly, he grabbed his right bicep and screamed, doubling over in pain.

"Simon!" Alec and Jace said at the same time.

They rushed over to him, pulling up his shirt. His Parabatai rune glew a deadly gold and blood circled it- something Jace had never seen.

"What in the name of the Angel?" Izzy said, leaning over to see.

"Clary i-i-i-s i-n trou....ble." He stuttered.

Jace did a three sixty, looking around the room for some kind of sign.

He ran over to the canvas and just saw her half finished picture. He didn't take it in because he saw her iPod on the ground. He read the screen: 'Welcome to the Black Parade' by My Chemical Romance.

He looked at the portal and opened it.

"Guys," he said. "The portal was resently used."

He looked at them and at the portal, and jumped in.