CHAPTER 18: You Never Asked

Jace grabbed onto Clary as a scene unfolded in front of them. "Clary," he gasped. "What did you do?"

Clary was shaking like a wet dog. "I don't know, Jace."

It was Valentine and a demonic toddler. A red haired lady, Jocelyn, walked to the room with a small child. Jace guessed it was Clary.

Valentine smiled and whispered. "Clarissa Morgenstern." he took the child from its mother and put her in a crib next to Jonathan, maybe.

Valentine took an abundance of Jocelyn's hair and cut it short. He took a rope from his belt and tied her hands behind her. "I cannot believe my own wife would betray me!" he hissed.

Jocelyn was close to crying. "Don't hurt the children. Please let me take Clarissa!"

Valentine brought his foot down on hers. She whinced in pain.

"I wouldn't hurt my children in a million years," a smirked played on his lips. "Which reminds me. This time every year, a portal will open up on Wall Street at exactly thirteen o-five in military time to come to see your kids. You can visit them in a distance. You cannot approach them. Okay?"

Jocelyn nodded.

Jace held onto Clary. She walked over slowly to the crib and looked at herself as a infant. He rubbed her shoulder and another scene rolled out.

There were two kids playing on the front lawn. "Johnny!" the red head pleaded. "I swear to the Angel I saw her!"

"I remember this." Clary whispered. "This was the first time I saw my mother."

"Oh shut up and stop lying, Clarissa!" the other shouted. "Just because you swear to the Angel doesn't mean it's true!"

Clary laughed. "I had just received my first runes."

The scene faded and another came to place.

Clary was still young, but older than she was before. She picked up a piece of wood that was shaped like sword.

A movement went along in the other direction and Jace saw the younger Clary move. The older Clary pointed in a direction for Jace to look.

There was Jocelyn, staring at her daughter. A young boy with curly brown hair approached young Clary. "What is it?" he asked her.

"My mother." Young Clary pointed.

Young Simon's jaw dropped.

Jocelyn ran away.

One last scene unfolded. Jace knew it was the last scene, because this scene was only from a week ago.

One-week-ago-Jace hit one-week-ago-Clary on the back and blood seeped through her now garbaged dress.

Clary was staring in the distance and freaking out as Jace tried approaching her, and still looking in the same direction of- Jocelyn. She fell back and right-now-Jace turned to right-now-Clary who looked shocked. "You saw her on the day we took you?"

"Yeah." She said.

"Why didn't you tell me?" he asked, his  voice was soft.

"You never asked."

A/N

100 likes? Oh my gods!! Thank you all so much! I can't believe my little story could be that awesome! Love you all

Stay Classy,
faultindivergents