CHAPTER 35: New Leaves

Amber was up and out of bed at eight. She finished the week worth of potions for Simon and sighed in relief. She started to pour the potion into a large jar, whispering a spell in Latin.

Magnus and Alec stood in the doorway, watching her. They were only up because they heard her run down the stairs. Magnus had told Alec that Ragnor had come last night, to take her to her room so she could get rest.

Alec walked into the room and Amber snapped upward, looking at him with blood shot eyes. Her usual diamond glowing eyes were glowing a low pink, her hair was tangled, and she had bags under her eyes.

He heard Magnus sigh, appearing next to him. "Amber," he spoke softly. "Why are you up again?" His arms were crossed and he was talking in a serious tone.

"Magnus, I need to get this done and get home as soon as possible." She continued her work.

"AMBER!" someone screamed, walking into the room. It was Heather and Ragnor Fell, looking sleepy.

Magnus and Alec spun around and Heather ran over towards Amber, taking her things. "You need to stop," she whispered, but everyone could hear it because of the echo. "Why are you doing this to yourself?"

Amber sighed and stepped away and spoke so Alec could hear, "Being with Shadowhunters is worse than loosing a few days of sleep," she looked straight at Alec. "No offense."

"None taken," He said. "Because your one as well."

"Can you tell me why that's better?" Heather placed a hand on the redhead's shoulder

"Because of what happened last time. They sacrificed themselves for me after I befriended them. Never again would I get to know them." Her eyes became heavy and sad.

"Amber, all Shadowhunters are diffrent," Alec walked down the stairs and smiled at her. "Why don't we just become friends and you can turn over a new leaf? Just try." Ragnor and Magnus descended down the stair.

Amber smiled, knodding. "Okay."

{PAGEBREAKPAGEBREAKPAGEBREAK}

Clary opened her eyes and saw Jace, shirtless, standing at his dresser.

She groaned and he turned around, smirking slightly at her. "What time is it?" She asked.

"Nine-thirty." He said, moving over to her.

She remembered that she was only in her underwear, tank top, and bra, and blushed rapidly.

He climbed into bed next to her and smiled. "I think instead of 'Brave Wolf' I should call you 'Redheaded Blusher'." He joked. "Why are you blushing?"

She looked at his chest where his three rings hung and said, "I'm only in my under clothes."

Jace moved his body closer to hers and kissed her forehead. "Your beautiful, don't worry."

She smiled and got out bed, pulling on her sweat pants. "I'm going to take a shower in my room."

Jace looked disappointed.

"I'll see you in twenty."

He smiled brightly.