CHAPTER 22: Evil Sleep

Jonathan paced back and forth in his room. He had been doing this for the past week thinking; How do I get my sister back?

Someone knocked on his door and he opened it, angerliy. There was a bagel and a glass of orange juice sitting in front of his door.

He could tell they were scared of him.

He picked them up and ate, quietly and quickly, when a plan hit him.

{PAGEBREAKPAGEBREAKPAGEBREAK}

Clary and Jace had fell asleep when Alec, Isabelle, and Simon all burst through the door.

Clary groaned and mumbled something, even Jace couldn't hear.

Jace sat up, and held onto Clary so that her legs were on either side of him.

"What did we just walk into?" Simon asked.

Jace rolled his eyes. "We were sleeping."

Jace saw Simon shift awkwardly. Clary laughed and her parabatai.

Alec and Isabelle both handed Jace a card and so did Simon.

He placed them on his nightstand and looked at his friends. "If you guys just let Clary and I sleep for another hour, I will open your cards after we wake up."

Alec scowled, but trailed out of the room. Isabelle and Simon followed.

They laid back down, and Jace felt Clary's breathing slow, to show she was asleep.

Jace fell asleep only minutes after her, dreaming of nothing but darkness.

{PAGEBREAKPAGEBREAKPAGEBREAK}

Clary was in a white room. She was tied to a chair as three angels circled around her. She could not see their faces, only their wings.

One angel's wings shimmered a bright gold, like sunlight on water. She had to squint to look at it.

The other, was black like the night, much like Naomi's wings. They seemed to attract darkness because a shadow loomed around the figure, moving with it.

The third, had normal white wings. But, they were outlined with an amazing silver.

Clary wanted her paints.

She tried to move, but she couldn't. There was nothing bound to her wrists. A spell must have been casted.