CHAPTER 41: Picture Perfect

Clary pulled her shirt over her head and felt Jace sneak up behind her, sinking a arm around her waist. His chest was bear and slightly sweaty. Clary smiled, giggling at his state. He tugged her backwards and she sat across his lap.

"What are you laughing at?" He asked.

"Your all sweaty." She replied between giggles.

"Well, you tend to do that to me," He kissed her neck. "Are you feeling better?"

"Yeah." She lied.

Jace's face grew serious, his golden eyes looking straight into her green ones. His lips in a thin line, brows furrowed. "Clary," his voice had warning in it.

She groaned and laid her head and his bare and sweaty chest. "What is Max like?" She changed the subject.

"A lot like you actually," Jace pulled her closer. "He's nice, but shy. Small, but powerful. He also likes these mundane books called manga?"

Clary gasped. "My father would go out and buy those for me!" Her face was light, and her eyes big. She hadn't been like this in a long time. "They open on the left side?" She tilted her head slightly.

Jace nodded.

Clary smirked and got up, running over to her dresser and opening a drawer. She pulled out a volume, one called Attack on Titan. She knew it was also a television show, but she enjoyed the manga version better.

"One of my favorites." She handed it to Jace, who was looking at the box on her dresser.

"Attack on Titan." He read aloud.

Clary knodded and he handed it back to her. "I'd show it to Max." His eyes were locked on her box. "Whats in there?"

Clary's face became sad, but she got up and grabbed the box. She opened it, taking out a series of photos and a small metal ring. If fit her right ring finger perfectly, but would probably barely fit on Jace's pinkie.

It was the Morgenstern family ring.

She handed the photos to Jace and put the ring on her finger, wearing for the first time in ten years.

She watch Jace flip through the photos.

He pulled one out of Clary and Jonathan sitting on her old and unsterdy wooden bed at the German cottage. A Silent Brother was tracing a stele on her right arm. Clary was at least eight, being of age to receive her first runes. Her hair had been longer and redder. Her eyes were closed in pain. Her face showed no emotion. She looked just as cold as her father.

"First runes." Clary sat, and they looked at the rest of the photos.

A/N

My dearest fans,

First off, I would like to thank you from the very bottom of my heart, for 10k+ views. I honestly have no clue how we got here, but it happened!

Secondly, I am so terribly sorry for the inconvenience! I was in Washington D.C. for a week and I didn't have WiFi.

Stay Classy,

faultindivergents