CHAPTER 50: The Damned

Heather watched has her best friend sank down on the bars of their prison. Amber caughed, spitting red blood, black demon ichor, and gold angel blood mixed together. Her back arched and unarched, caughing after that, with nothing coming out. "He-" she caughed. "Heather."

Heather moved forward, slumpping down next to Amber.

"I'm going to die." She half whispered, half laughed.

"No, Amber-"

"Oh come on Heather," Amber's voice was stern and scary. "Soon you will be just like Jem and all the other Hunters out there who have lost their parabatai. Soon you will burn my body and your rune," she touched Heather's right bicep, "will fade."

Heather felt tears burn like acid at the back of her eyes.

{PAGEBREAKPAGEBREAK}

"He's alive," Jonathan whispered as he held onto the pendant with Magnus. "Clary was right Valentine is still alive." He scowled.

Jace stood up, leaving the room. Walking to the infirmary, he brought out his stele.

He shouldered the door open and found Clary's bed abandoned. He jumped, and backed away from the doorway. "CLARY!" He shouted.

Panicking, he ran back to the study. Only two things ran through his mind; Clary and Valentine.

Now that they knew Valentine was alive, it had to be him.

Right?

He stumbled into the study, seeing Jonathan with his eyes closed, hands locked around the pendant.

"GUYS!" Jace screamed.

Jonathan didn't flinch, but everyone else turned Jace's way.

"Clary is missing."

Alec jumped up, throwing his arms in the air. "Not again."

"Damn, this girl get into a lot of trouble." Isabelle said.

That's when reality struck Jace in the face like a raging bull. Clary was missing, possibly by her father. Could she be getting beaten again? Would Valentine go to far this time?

He felt his face turn red. "This is no time for jokes!"

Simon nodded, as if he were agreeing, and shook Jonathan. "Johnny!" he screamed.

Jace saw Jonathan drop the pendant, and he fell to the floor. His left arm shimmered and words appeared; The Morgensterns, the damned.

A/N

Sorry I haven't updated!

I had readers block :(

Can you please take some time to read my detectives story "Gumshoe"?

Thanks so much!

Stay Classy,

faultindivergents