CHAPTER 4: Feelings Are Hurting

Simon was playing with his fingers, laying down on his bed in the Main Building.

Alec was staring at him. He could feel him looking at him. Alec's eyes were burning his skin.

"What?" Simon finally asked.

"You like your parabati don't you?" Alec said.

When Simon didn't say anything Alec moved over and sat on the edge of his bed, "You know its against the rules. You just won't except that," his tone was soft, and rough. When he talked low, he sounded like an uncoming motorcycle. "It's okay. I won't tell the Clave. I used to have a crush on Jace. Now I don't because I met this warlock," Simon sat up then. "Magnus Bane." Alec was blushing.

"So your gay?" Simon asked. "How is that suppposed to help me with Clary?"

"It's supposed to tell you, 'You'll find someone else.'" Alec got up, and left the room, slamming the door.

{PAGEBREAKPAGEBREAKPAGEBREAK}

Jonathan was slouching in his chair. He was thinking about Clary being alone in a room with him.

Jonathan hated the way he looked at her. The way he handeled her. The way he loved her.

Jonathan was overly protective of his little sister. He didn't want anyone to hurt her. Jace was to surely hurt her.

Then he started thinking of his father. He hated him. He hurt Clary, made her cry.

He also hated his decesed mother. She hurt Clary.

"Jonathan," the man from earlier who was holding him down earlier was nkw in the doorway. "The Clave wishes to see you."

{PAGEBREAKPAGEBREAKPAGEBREAK}

Alec watched Jia Penhallow place the Mortal Sword across Jonathan Morgenstern's hands.

"What his your name?" Her voice echoed through out the room. Almost every Shadowhunter was here, even though this was a Clave meeting. Only Shadowhunters over eightteen. But, his little sister and stepbrother were here.

"Jonathan Christopher Morgenstern." Jonathan answered.

"And where is your family?" Jia paced back and forth behind him.

"Both of my parents are dead. Clarissa is in the front row. Fifth seat." Jonathan was looking down.

"Great. What was your father doing with the Greater Demon? How did he learn to raise it?" Jia was pushing in questions.

"He wanted to attack Alicante. He wanted to start a new race of Shadowhunters. Make you better and wiser. He wanted to use the cup on all ordinary Mundanes to see what would happen. He learned how to raise demons eightteen years ago when the Circle was still- alive." Jonathan's voice showed no pain whatsoever.

"Was you father a good father?" Jia asked.

"No. He used to whip Clarissa and lied to her about everything. He killed my hunting bird but kept Clary's alive. He injected Clary with angel blood and me with demon blood before we were even born. That, Clary, is why our mother is dead!"

Alec found Clary in the crowd and she was shaking, hands over her eyes, probably crying.

"Thats enough. Thank you, Jonathan." Jia said, shushing the murmur from the Nephlim.

"Wait!"A women stood, looking a lot like Clary. "Your mother is not dead! She's right here!" She pointed at herself. "I'm Jocelyn Fairchild-Morgenstern."

Clary stood, then, looking toward the person who called out. Alec was right, she was crying.

Clary had black gear on instead of her ruined silk dress.

Jocelyn ran to the front. "Jia. Don't you remember me?"

"Jocelyn! We all thought you were dead!" Jia answered.

"No. Valentine abonded me in New York after I gave birth to my daughter. I married Lucian. Remember him?"

"We all thought everyone from the Circle was dead except for the Lightwoods."Jia took the Mortal Sword from Jonathan, who stood up, looking at his mother.

"Can we leave?" He asked Jia.

Jia nodded. "Clary told us everything she knew already, which, was not as much as you know."

"Wait," Alec stood. "Shouldn't we talk about where Clary and Jonathan should live? They don't know their mother all too well and have no other living realitives. They are both under eightteen."

"Right. Any Institues willing to take them?" Jia asked.

"The New York Institute," Alec's mother stood. "is willing to take Clarissa. Her brother, no."

Clary said nothing at first. "Alright."

"You can't seperate us!" Jonathan exclaimed. "It's as if your seperating parabati!"

"You are not her parabati. You are only her older brother. You are almost eightteen. You can handle yourself else where." Maryse responded.

"So be it." Said Jia.