CHAPTER 9: Sizes and Conclusions

Simon sat on the Z bus, on his way to the Institute. He speant the night at Magnus Bane's lodge due to portal manfunctions, totally normal if your a warlock.

He looked back at his messages from Clary last night:

I may or may not have had my first kiss -C

WHO? -S

Jace -C

He had been heartbroken all night and all morning. Then he realised, he can't do anything about it. He and her were parabatai and could only love one another in a protective way, not be able to have a realationship like that.

Protective.

Simon could be over protective of Ckary and say she shouldn't date him. But what if telling her no only makes her want to date him more? Simon knows Clary and he knows she'll date him anyway.

Simon's phone buzzed:

Simon! -Unknown

Umm, who is this? -S

Jonathan -Unknown

Oh -S

How is my sister? -J

Simon held back for a minute. If he told Jonathan about Clary and Jace, Jonathan would sweep the face of the Earth killing everyone in his way to get to Clary and lock her somewhere safe. The first person he would kill would be Jace.

Good. Why not text her? -S

I did but she didn't answer me back -J

Oh. Well I have to go getting off my bus -S

It was a lie. Simon still had 2 hours left and a half full bladder.

{PAGEBREAKPAGEBREAKPAGEBREAK}

Clary let the warm water run over her scars while washing off sweat. The heating in this place felt like Hell on Earth.

She turned off the shower and wrapped a towel tightly around her, walking out of the bathroom.

Isabelle was standing in her doorway.

Clary held onto her towel. "Umm, can I help you?"

"Oh. Sorry. I was woundering if you wanted to go out with me for a while? I never really hung out with a girl." Isabelle looked down.

"Oh. Sure. I grew up around boys too, so." Clary smiled.

"Alright. Meet me downstairs in twenty?" She asked.

"In twenty." Clary reasponded.

{PAGEBREAKPAGEBREAKPAGEBREAK}

"Jace, you are in love." Alec said.

"I know." Jace reasponded.

They were battling eachother in the training room, Jace continuing to try to poke Alec in the butt to win, and Alec trying to cut off a piece (or notch) of the other boy's hair.

Its the rules for when they battled. Jace mostly won.

Jace poked Alec in the butt with his sword and Jace raised his sword up in victory. "Haha!"

Alec rolled his eyes as his sister walked in wearing a black crop top, skinny jeans, and combats. "What are you boys goofing off about now?" She asked.

"Jace asked Clary on a date." Alec said.

"Really?" She was looking at Jace now.

"Really."

She moved over towards the mats and picked up her whip. It wrapped around her wrist almost immediatly. "Left this here last night training." She mummbled.

She moved back towards the boys and smirked. "Good. She's nice and pretty and out of your league, Jace."

Alec saw Jace roll his eyes, but then get lost in thought. "Yeah," he said. "I know."

"At least you probably won't be a virgin anymore." Isabelle said.

Alec laughed.

Jace glared, but smiled.

Isabelle looked at her watch. "Speaking of Clary I asked her to hang out for a while," She looked up. "See you boys."

{PAGEBREAKPAGEBREAKPAGEBREAK}

Isabelle met Clary at the front doors of the institute exactly twenty minutes after she asked Clary to hang out.

"So what are we doing?" She asked.

Isabelle smiled. "We should shop for like two outfits and maybe a dress and head to a coffee shop after. You know, like I see mundanes do."

"I don't have mon-"

Isabelle smiled. "Don't worry, I got cash."

"No I-"

"Clary," Isabelle tilted her head.

Clary sighed in defeat. "Fine."

Isabelle smiled and lead the other girl down the stairs. "And plus," Isabelle started, "You need it. I looked in your closet and saw you have no regular clothes at all. What size are you?"

Clary's face looked stunned. "Um, three."

"Awesome. I'll give you my old clothes after we are done shopping. I always keep my clothes just in case, you know?"

Clary rubbed her hands together. "Ugh yeah."