CHAPTER 34: High Off Of Love

Jace opened his eyes and saw Clary staring at him, her eyes half open. He smiled at her, loving waking up to see her face. He wanted to always wake up and see her face. He always wanted to feel this way.

When he was with Clary, he felt like he and her were infinite, stuck in a world that revolved around them. Seeing her everyday was making him fall in love with her a little bit more, if that was even possible. Hearing her speak was like hearing birds chrip in the early morning.

She started to sit up, but Jace just held her back. He smirked at her and she just laughed. Her adorable little laugh. He was drunk off of their love. Maybe even high.

"What is going on with you?" She asked him, smiling.

He smiled back and kissed her directly on the mouth. "You are making me insane."

"How?" She asked.

"How wouldn't you?" He asked back.

"Because I'm not beautiful," she said. "I'm not curvy like other girls, I'm short. I'm messed up. Why would you date me anyway?"

Jace stared at her in amazement. He could tell by her expression that she was serious. She doubted herself. "Clary, are you serious? Just because your not like other girls doesn't mean your not beautiful," he touched her cheek. "Your different. Just because your different makes you more beautiful than anyone I've ever seen. Your also strong and not messed up. That is why I date you."

Clary's cheeks reddened with embarrassment and she smirked. "Thank you."

"Don't thank me," he said. "It's only the truth."

She rested her head in the nape of his neck and they laid back down.

He kissed the top of her head, looking at his alarm clock. "Go back to sleep. It's five."

{PAGEBREAKPAGEBREAKPAGEBREAK}

"Magnus?" Alec was in the doorway of the library. "Its five in the morning. Can you please come lay down with me?"

Magnus looked at his tired boyfriend and sighed. It was just Amber and Magnus in the library after Heather left them three hours to go to the bathroom and never came back. Amber found her in the bathroom, sleeping on the floor.

He looked at Amber and her usual dark circles were darker and her eyes glowed like firelight going out on the wick of a flame. "Go, Magnus." Her voice was weak and tired. "You need sleep."

Alec appeared behind Magnus and he looked straight at Amber. "You need it, too."

Amber cleared her throat and shook her head. "No, darling, I've been up later. You take Magnus to bed."

Magnus looked at Alec and shrugged.

They intertwined their fingers and left the library, trotting down the hall. "How long have you known her?" Alec asked.

"Four hundred years. Not that long for a warlock." He replied.

"Did you and her date?" Alec asked.

Magnus laughed at his boyfriend's cute jealousy. "No. Actually, she just got her first boyfriend sixteen years ago. I'll tell you if I dated a person or not. No lies."

Alec smiled and rested his head on Magnus' shoulder.

They walked into Alec's room and fell onto the bed together, drifting to sleep in an instant, tangled together, breathing as one.

{PAGEBREAKPAGEBREAKPAGEBREAK}

Isabelle sat at Simon's side, holding onto his hand.

He had stirred a few times, but never woke up. He stirred again and his eyes fluttered open.

He squinted at her, and she handed him his glasses. He put them on and smiled. "Hi, Izzy. What time is it?"

Isabelle smirked. "Five in the morning. I've been here all night."

His eyes widened and he whinced. "C-Clary?"

"She's with Jace." She answered.

He smiled dreamily and his head fell back onto the pillow. His eyes started to close and before he drifted away into sleep again, he said, "Sleep, Isab-" his speech was cut off by his heavy snoring.

Isabelle giggled and kissed him on his cheek. "I love you, Simon."

She got up and started to walk to her room.

{PAGEBREAKPAGEBREAKPAGEBREAK}

Amber started to grind up demonic flower petals, feeling her eyes go from weighing a ton, to weighing two tons.

A portal opened in the middle of library and a blue figure walked out of it. Ragnor Fell.

"Amber?" He said, moving over to her.

"Ragnor? What are you doing here?" She continued to mash up the petals.

"Heather called me." he tried taking the bowl and grinding stick, but her grip only got tighter on them. "Amber, you need to sleep. Stop this. It can wait."

Amber got mad. "I know it can wait, Ragnor. I just want to get out of here before- before I get to know them. I need to work. Let me!"

Ragnor ripped the bowl out of her hands, stumbling back. "Amber please, go to sleep, please."

Amber started to shake her head but Ragnor lifted her chin up to look at him. "Come on. I'll come with you." He smirked.

She smiled at him and nodded her head. "Okay. I'll take a break."

He kissed her cheek and carried her bridal style in his arms. She started to drift off. She opened them again and raised her eye brows. "How'd you portal in without getting a Shadowhunter's permission to enter?"

"I got Heather's permission." He answered. "Now sleep."

"Yes, sir." She fell into a deep sleep.