CHAPTER 15: Battling Minors

Clary awoke to a banging on her door.

It wasn't an I'm-mad-at-you-bang or a get-up-you-over-slept-bang, it was a military bang.

Clary groaned, throwing a pillow over her head and someone entered her room. "Get out or Naomi will claw your eyes out." She threatened.

"Woah," a male voice said. "Not a morning person?"

Clary took the pillow off of her head, squinting up at the sound of the voice. Alec, Isabelle, Simon, and Jace stood in her room. "Two things," she said, her voice skratchy. "One: Why are you all in my room and two: What the hell are you doing in my room?"

Jace smirked. "We are taking over your room." his voice was dripping with sarcasm.

"Get up and get dressed," Alec said. "Because Jace, Izzy, and I challenge you to a battle."

Clary smiled. "Bring it. First, get out of my room."

The others exited but Jace shrugged, staying in his spot. "I don't know I think I might stay-"

Clary threw a pillow at him and yelled. "Out!"

Jace threw it back at her, quickly leaving her room.

Clary laughed, running into the bathroom, turning the shower on to make it hot.

{PAGEBREAKPAGEBREAKPAGRBREAK}

Alec sat outside of Clary's room while Simon and Jace were talking about some demon hunting techniques and Izzy was reapplying her lipstick, even though she didn't need it.

Clary opened the door and stepped out.

Alec grabbed her ankle and she fell on her ass. She gave him an evil glare, while he laughed. Clary cracked a smile while she went after him.

Jace picked her up by the waist. "Woah there, Brave Wolf," he said. "The fighting has yet to start."

"Just to let you know," she tilted her head back to look at her capture. "you're going down, Angel Boy."

Jace snarled at her, spinning her to face him, and throwing her over his shoulder.

She banged her fists on his back, laughing. "Put me down, you ass!"

Jace smirked and shrugged. "Let's go."

Clary huffed, letting herself dangle over Jace's shoulder. They all descended down the stairs, Clary complaining every now and then that all the blood was rushing to her head.

They got to the training room and Jace put Clary down, Clary wobbling slightly. Jace held onto her waist.

She brushed his hands away and walked to the middle of the room. "What are the rules?"

Isabelle smiled. "All hands, no weapons. That's the rules."

Clary smiled. "Who's up first?"

* * *

Isabelle walked up in front of the smaller girl. "Me."

Clary smirked, grimly. "Great."

"Go!" Simon screamed, his voice echoing throughout the room.

Isabelle and Clary circled each other three times until Isabelle threw the first punch, but Clary dodged it, rolling on the ground and then standing back up in one swift motion. She then tricked Isabelle by sending a fake punch her way, sweeping out her legs underneath of her. Clary was then straddling Isabelle's torso, holding down her arms.

Isabelle arched her back, sending Clary off of her, and Isabelle was straddling the redhead's torso, crushing her arms.

Clary used her legs to wrap around Isabelle's waist and pulled her off of her.

The wind was knocked out of Isabelle and she held her hands up in surrender. "I'm done!"

"Aww, okay." Clary pouted.

* * *

Jace pushed Alec into the circle.

Alec sighed and put up two fists. "I don't usually like hitting girls," he said, circling Clary. "But after seeing what you did, I think you can handle it."

"Oi," Clary said. "Don't be a sexist. I bet plenty of other girls could do what I do. Plus, I was gonna go easy on ya until you made that comment."

Alec chuckled, giving Clary the chance to kick his knee. His face showed pain, but he quickly tried to come back by swinging his fist near her head, but she dodged it by going into a squat and taking his legs out from underneath him.

Alec was impressed.

Clary sat on Alec's back, holding his arms above him and Clary smirked evilly.

She started to tickle Alec's sides.

He started laughing and trying to say something between breaths and laughs.

"Cl.......ary........Stop!.......I.......s-sur...render!"

Clary rolled off of him and laid on the floor. "This is easy," she sat on her elbows. "I think I have the advantage because I'm so small."

* * *

Jace picked her up. "My turn."

Clary wiggled free of Jace and turned towards him. "This will be easy."

Clary took Jace by surprise by throwing a punch in his gut before they even circled each other. Jace doubled over. "Damn."

Clary jumped on Jace's back, and he stumbled forward, but quick got back his balance and knocked Clary from his back. She hit the floor and Jace was on top of her, hold her down.

She smirked and kissed Jace on the lips while getting her leg under him, and pushing him off.

He groaned, hitting the ground.

She quickly sat on his stomach, her ankles hold his knees and her arms hold his wrists.

He huffed. "Okay, I give up. Your too good."

Clary smirked, rolling off of him, but planting a kiss on his forehead before doing so. "Sorry, Angel Boy."