CHAPTER 11: Our Date Ends With A Fake Smile

Before the chapter, I wanted to say THANK YOU SO FREAKING MUCH FOR 300+ VIEWS!!! I love you all!!

Stay Classy,

faultindivergents

Clary twisted a lose curl around on her finger. She was in a dress shop with Isabelle and was debating on weather or not she should pretend to be sick.

In fact, she was sick. She was sick of shopping after only twenty minutes.

But then, she saw a light blue strapless dress that was on a clearance wrack and she pulled it off, walking into a dressing room.

Time Change~~

Clary pulled her hair into a quick pony tail, pulling on dark denim jeans and a classy dark purple top. She talked to Simon earlier who was ansy.

Clary heard Jace's knock: knock, knock knock, knock.

Clary smiled and pulled the door open.

Jace had black jeans and a dark gray blouse. He returned her smile and held out his arm, his eyes sparkling when she took it.

"You look beautiful." Jace said, a sly smirk placed on his face.

"You look handsome." Clary blushed.

Jace chuckled and pulled her down the stairs.

They exited the Institute, Jace smiling at Clary as they walked.

"What?" Clary said, when she realised he was staring at her.

"Nothing." He pulled her into a building and he took her to a booth. "So, Clary, um I was talking to Simon eariler, and um-"

Clary laughed a little. "What did he tell you?"

"He said," Jace cleared his throat. "that you were troubled and um, don't really open up to people easily and I just want to let you know, its okay if you don't answer any of my questions, thats fine."

Clary felt hurt. Why would Simon say that? Sure, she had things that she had a hard time talking about certain things, but she felt like she could tell Jace anything. She shifted akwardly and exhaled. "Fire away."

{PAGEBREAKPAGEBREAKPAGEBREAK}

Jace saw Clary's hurt look. Did he say something wrong?

"Fire away." She smiled.

"Alright," he smiled back. "How do you feel about, you know, knowing your mother's alive."

"Weird. I mean, I have no idea who she is," Clary looked down, and then looked up. "What about your family? Herondale?"

Jace smirked. "Dunno. My dad died before I was born and my mom commited suicide after I was born."

Clary's eyes softened. "Oh."

Jace shrugged. "Family isn't about blood. It's about people who love you. Those are the Lightwoods. Maryse was my dad's best friend, so she is my Godmother."

Clary smiled. "Thats nice."

Jace smirked. "Yeah."

Clary looked down. "You know, you never gave me that look."

Jace raised an eyebrow. "What look?"

"When the Nephlim found out my father used to whip me, they all gave me that pitied look, and looked at me like I was a kicked puppy uncapable of coping by myself. You never looked at me like that. Even Simon did," She looked at him. "Why?"

Jace looked straight into her eyes. "Because your tough. I can tell. You can handle yourself just fine and your brave and beautiful. Your not a kicked puppy. Your a brave wolf."

Clary laughed. "Brave Wolf. Maybe that could be my nickname."

"Brave Wolf and Angel Boy. Perfect." Jace laughed with her.

The waitress came by and Jace ordered for Clary. "This is more of a place for Downworlders."

Clary smiled happily at Jace.