Chapter 32

"So, how are you feeling since The Wobble?" Daniel chuckles before nibbling his lower lip in amusement. Even through FaceTime his handsome face makes my heart soar.

I spit out some of my tea when I burst out laughing, and it sprays across the iPad. I quickly wipe it over with my sleeve, briefly blurring Daniel's smirking face. "Only my mother could turn her daughter's insecurities into something that sounds like a major world catastrophe." I giggle at the memory of my mother sipping champagne while on FaceTime to Daniel yesterday from my hotel room. "Not my wobble, not a wobble... but THE wobble!"

"Your mom is amazing..." He says simply, and I know that he means it.

"Yeah, to you... because you're the best thing to ever happen to me." I mimic her voice in jest. "She completely threw me under the bus when she was here yesterday." I laugh, shaking my head. Really, I love that my mom travelled down to spend the day with me in the midst of my crisis.

"Babe, she didn't. She was just worried all this shit was going to make you leave me. I'll be honest, I thought the same for a while." He comments sadly.

"I had one little meltdown... one. I'm all good now. Back to being Lizzie." I beam at him to show that I'm over all of the doubts I briefly felt.

"My Lizzie." He corrects softly, and my heart flutters in response.

"Your Lizzie." I repeat with a grin.

"Like I said yesterday, THE wobble is completely understandable. I think you've handled it all with such grace and determination. I'm so proud of you. If this was all new to me too, I don't think I would have handled it anywhere near as well."

"Stop calling it that." I say sternly while pointing at the screen. "It just got on top of me for a while, but I promise... it won't happen again."

"Me and you, we're in this together... always." He leans into the screen, and raises his eyebrows at me. His face is suddenly serious.

"Always!" I cross my heart with my forefinger.

Knock knock knock

Ben enters the room, quietly. He always stays in the other room while Daniel and I FaceTime. I can't say I blame him either.

"Hey Ben." Daniel shouts.

"Hi Dan. Hope the weather in Ireland is being kind." He laughs as he is aware of the icy conditions Daniel is having to work in. Daniel bellows with laughter in response.

"It's shit, mate." Daniel responds lightheartedly.

Ben opens the door with a warm smile for Caroline and Sarah.

"Good morning, bitches." Sarah animatedly declares to the room. "Yes... that includes you Benny boy, you're one of us now! Oh hey Mr. FaceTime, that definitely includes you too, Daniel." She beams at Ben, who looks somewhere between embarrassed and mortified.

"Good morning." Caroline says before turning to Sarah. "I worry about you." She comments with an eye roll, but I see the slight grin on her face.

Sarah leans forward, draping herself around my shoulders so she can see Daniel on the screen. She kisses my cheek with a slap of her lips. I scrunch my face up in response, feeling the smile grow across my lips.

"We will take excellent care of her for you." She says in a sarcastic voice.

Daniel chuckles. "Have fun ladies... I know you will look amazing, Lizzie." He looks from Sarah to me.

"We will make sure that she is the most beautiful woman there." Caroline says while putting her thumb up to Daniel on the screen.

"I'm so nervous about choosing a dress. But, I'm looking forward to going out after." I wiggle my eyebrows with a cheeky grin.