0003

___

'Is she new'

' i think so?'

' you think she'll survive?'

' no she seems weak'

'I'm just saying no need to be rude about it'

'You ask some dumb questions I don't even know how you still alive'

' isn't that a bit harsh?'

'Shut up! she is waking up'

The constant talking and arguing of three slowly became louder as I woke up. I flutter my eyes open but got instantly blinded by the light above me.

After a few seconds of blinking, i could see clearly and all around were people in ragged clothing or in their wolf form.

I try to get up and walk towards them but something stops me, a chain on my leg.

I look back at them, some just look away and some just stare at me blankly. Their eyes looking dull in the dim light as they barely shined.

" what is this place" I managed to say

' hell, this is hell' one of them answer

" what do you mean"  I furrowed my brow 

They all seemed lifeless and nearly dead. I looked over to them but they were a few cells in front of me.

' this place....we fight each other.. "we kill or get killed" that's what they saying around here' he spoke

he had grayish fur color, his eyes were a dull blue as his voice was a low grumble. He honestly sounds exhausted.

"Oh" was all I managed to say.

' I know you have questions' I looked up and saw a grey, tan, and white she wolf next to my cell.

' this isn't a place to be so..happy to be. You seem young how old are you?' She asked

" 16" I replied

' you're the youngest...for now that is. But again this is no place like home. A place you can only fight for your life. That should answer your question. Where? Who knows..hope to not see you at the pit.'

Her eyes a little droopy as her voice was just a bit strain. You could tell she was in her mid-40s since I could see her grey hair throughout her multi-color fur

" why are you all in wolf form?" I asked

the she wolf sighed and laid down looking away from me

' we don't remember much of who we used to be...nor will they let us. We fight like regular dogs and against our own kind-'

"Who's lasted the longest" I spoke

She paused for a moment as her head slowly turned to me.

' a she wolf, all the way at the end of the hall. They say she's been here for a simple decade...treated the nicest..they can be at least. I've heard she's a taken mother'

' anything else little one-'

Slowly standing up I faced to where I assumed the end of the hall was and noticed eyes staring me down.

Her eyes were a bright yellow not dull and hopeless like the others. She bares her teeth at me as they seemed long and sharp. Sending warning growls to as if I was a threat to her.

' if we weren't in cells controlled by these people. Surely she would take full authority over everyone here that's for sure' the other she Wolf spoke

' mom....dad..Mason...please, I want to go home'