0061

___

" max, repeat what you saw" Lea spoke

" w-well Mason and I were outside and some pack members where outside playing. Luna wasn't to far from us because she was playing with a little girl. We turned our backs for just 2 minutes and Mason had gotten a message from Hazel. We both went into the woods and demanded others to search the area but she wasn't found and her scent wasn't traceable but tracked another scent. That's when we panicked and went to you, alpha" he explained

I stared into his eyes

" say something" he whispered

" I've given chance after chance to protect her yet you fail miserably each time. I don't care what Hazel had said, I've let you slide each time because of her, yet you still can't protect anyone-"

" HEY! Can we not blame him!? I was there too!Me and 20 other guards! So was Lea! Don't blame everything on him! It's not like he didn't warn us he was coming! It's not like you kept the pack in the dark that he was so close on getting us...and he did..in the wrong hands what do you think Hazel is capable of? Not only is she far more damaged than me but she has the instincts..and Mia is just like her other set of eyes. So stop blaming him! He had no control. You're taking everything out on us again"

We all stood quiet as masons chest rose as his first were clenched. His mate not to far behind him giving him concerned eyes.

The silence was thickening, as my stomach kept digging its pit.

" sorry" I spoke

Mason had scoffed as he looked around.

" she's gone..taken! And we are just standing here doing the blame game??" He nearly cried out

My chest felt like closing up as I tried my best to look like I was in control of my self.

" are you not one bit worried or even afraid-"

" I'm Everything But Calm! I'm Terrified! Is that what you want me to say? Because that man is sure doing a great job at achieving his goal. Knowing he came and entered this pack, killed a women, watched us, and even sent a stranger. So of course I am. What else am I supposed to do but wait. This is all a waiting game. All of it. Hazels gone, and I can't do anything not even send out a tracker. So my apologies for seeing so calm and not worried one bit when that's my role as your alpha to remain calm"

They all stared at me as some bow their heads as other smiled softly.

" we know what you're role is, but in this situation I think it's best for you to show emotion" Lea spoke

I looked to her seeing she had pulled her hood down. Her dark green eyes stared into mine with calmness to them.

" but it was still a bit of my fault, letting her be by her self like that" Mason whispered

We all looked to him seeing his mate come to him and rub his back.

" it was no one's fault" I admitted

" it was just a matter of time before he came" I sighed

Looking at the table in front of me feeling all their eyes on me. A sudden rush of memories of my mother running away flashes in my head.

" we couldn't stop what was going to happen..even if we didn't see it coming"

Feeling the pit in my stomach made me nauseous. Standing up and walking towards the wall knowing I couldn't control him anymore.

' gone Xavier, they are gone...mom..mate..what else the pack? Everything is running away again' he whimpered

' stop it stop, we can't think like that we-'