0004

__

" AND THE WINNER IS LA DIABLA " the announcer spoke

I snarled slowly coming back to my senses. Regaining my senses fully from Mia, I looked around hearing my nickname being said.

The arena screamed the nickname I so much despised. I snarled at them as I looked beneath me and saw a wolf covered in blood, lifelessly.

Covered in absolute blood and wounds all over. Weak steam coming off from its body as it slowly became human again but stopped mid way.

'150 wolves dead under my hands'

' I hate that name. It makes me sound like a wanted killer' I groan

' we are killers..'

' Mia...we aren't' I sighed

I walked towards a worker here seeing he was waiting for me at an opening gate. He didn't take a glance at me as I followed him further through the gate.

As we walked in silence a passing by cell that contained a wolf tried to get attention from me but I completely ignored it.

I took a glance at the wolf seeing them sticking out their nose and flashing it's teeth at me. Ignoring them as I kept walking reminding my self not everyone was like that..

One wolf. Compared to the ones here she is useless and and easy target to get killed off. Due to her size all she can do is help the ones who made it out alive from a fights.

My stomach slightly growled as i huffed knowing food will come soon. Knowing I had won another round I would get to eat I walked a little faster.

After being escorted out of the arena to the outside. The snow crunches from every step I take to where I stay.

'The snow falls so freely I wonder what would it be like to feel like that....'

" can you move faster you dog it's cold out here" the man said

I did as I was told and quickened my pase to my spot where they chain me to a silver chain.

Fighting and fighting to stay alive everyday in this hell isn't worth running and wasting energy, and to be beat to have a fight next. No point. They will catch you no matter what.

I sit on the cold blanket under me. Looking up at the sky seeing hues of dark blue, purple, and black with scattered stars like freckles.

The moon so bright casting down light for us to see. It looked beautiful.

'The land looks so peaceful I would love to run into those woods enjoys the sky's beauty and the soil under my paws while feeling the wind pass by me.' I thought

' yea...must be nice' Mia comments

I smiled at the thought, laying my head down as my smile slowly faded knowing it would never be able to happen, due to me having to stay in this place.

I look at the moon one more time and saw it glow a little lighter. I froze for a second confused when Mia spoke.

'I know Hazel, I know' Mia said

' I-I just...I just want to stretch my legs run till I get tired , howl to the moon , sing with the other wolves ..Mia what did we do to deserve this' I asked

Still looking so deeply into the moon.

Replaying the memories of my old pack how happy we were.

' I don't know Hazel I wish I knew so I could plead for forgiveness' 

' Me too ,Mia'

' let's go to sleep I'm tired Rose' 

___________

A smell hits my nose as screams and howls could be heard.

The rushing footsteps and cries for help had made me flutter my eyes open. The immediate scent of something burning ich at eyes and throat. I blink a little when I saw a blaze of a fire not to far from me.

Watching the blazing flames devour the building as people and wolves escaped out. Watching as others howled out and pulled at their chain.

'Hazel we gotta break the chains now' Mia practically screamed in my head

A jumped up to my feet startled and started to pull at the chain.

Pulling and pulling as it pricked at my skin making me stop. 

' PULL HARDER'  Mia said

' It hurts!' I argued

' our life is on the line!" She barked back

Feeling the sudden heat on face, getting closer melting the snow around. Feeling the panic start to spread when cries of others broke through the air.

The cries of those being devoured by the flames. 

Hearing wolves and people start howling in pain,screaming, crying for help, I felt my insides twist.

I pulled and pulled at the chain, shaking and growling as the fire got closer. The frantic pulls and whimpers.

The burning sensation on my neck. The repeated cries in my ears only drive me over the edge.

Giving another pull I stumbled back looking at the chain.

' it broke, it finally broke'

Not giving a second chance to look around or even to the chain I bolted away from the fire. Not wanting to everyone again when I stopped.

I slowly turned my head to see the great flames. The flames that kept consuming wolves and the snow melting under the touch of the fire.

Other wolves managed to escape seeing them scattering and disappear behind the many trees. A couple looked my way and started running to me making me a little tense. As they came closer they lowered their heads as I relaxed a little.

' let's get out of this place' one of them said as I just simply looked at the large fire

They started to run, I only stood there for a few more seconds remembering how I had gotten there till now.

Growling i howled. Seconds later hearing a chain of howling as I had stopped. Looking once more at the flames, bidding a silent goodbye.

Running into the trees following the other wolves feeling the snow under paws and the wind flowing through my fur.

' keep running...we'll finally be able to run you see in the night sky...even a night like this'

I obeyed and did the only thing I could do was run to safety. Away from the pain, away from all those horrible memories.

Freedom at last

Freedom at last.