Stay for dinner

I slammed the door, passing her and went downstairs.

"Thank you miss Emily" Taehee said munching quietly the baked muffins.

I smiled, looking at them interacting and also for Emily who managed Taehee to feed  her since after mom passed away she hardly ate anything, but, just hug me and cry.

"Hey!" I smiled, feeling a bit light, ruffling Taehee's brown hair. She looked up at me and gave a tight-lipped smile.

"Good morning, Oppa"  she said while I sat on the chair.

" Eme, let me help you" Ji Su's shrilling voice made three of us look at her as she smiled broadly.
I sighed and sipped the juice, which Emily handed me a few minutes before.
She gave a fake smile at Eme, and literally snatched the plate of sandwiches from her.

"Tae....have this! You'll feel better" her honeyed words made me feel more irritated.

"Ji su, she never said she needs your help. You can better go and come directly at the memorial." I put up a stern voice and glared at her in a sarcastic way.
She obviously looked angry and abashed. Stomping towards the door, she left the house, finally.

I glanced at Emily who by now was getting into work again , after Ji Su snatched the plate from her. She looked quite unbothered by now and continued to work again. I don't know why, but felt sad for her. 

I'm sorry Emily, sorry. You deserve better.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Taehee tightly held my hand but her tears flowed continuously as I patted her gulping the lump in my throat.

I love you mom......you never did any wrong. And thank you for raising a child who isn't yours for 15 yrs. Thank you so much.
I closed my eyes, swallowing the pain inside.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
It was already 6 in the Eve and the sun had completely set. Taehee hadn't slept last night properly,  so I asked her to rest after taking a shower. 
.
.
.
.
.
I walked blithely on the streets,  with my black hoodie on.  I needed some fresh air.  With my hands shoved into my pockets,  I laid my eyes on Emily who looked at the sea intently,  without a movement.  I walked towards her and sat beside her.  She was so interested in the sea that she didn't even realize that someone even sat beside her. 

"Eme?" I asked in a husky voice.

She blenched and looked at me.

"Oh!? Taehyung? Umm.....what are you doing here?"
I smiled and looked at the sea.
"Why? I can't come here?"

"No....I mean...you..."

" I'm okay. " I inhaled the fresh air and looked at her. " Are you?"
She nodded and gave a small smile.

There was a long comforting silence when I lastly asked:-
" Eme.....do you still love me?" I asked out of the blue as she looked at me, surprised. And then, looked back at the sea and sighed.
"Mmm....still" she nodded.

I stared at her for a while.

"Thank you" I mumbled , looking back at the splashing blue water.

"Do you think it's, useless  now?" I asked again , resting my hand on my knees.
"No...." She murmured and chuckled softly.
She is the only one who I feel, will love me until the end.
My eyes filled with tears, as I sighed.

"Don't. I know.....I understand. Everything will be fine." She whispered and placed her hand at my back and patted it slowly.
I sniffed my nose, wiped my tears and nodded.