Chapter 1

"Well here is the River Side pack." Saiph spoke from the passenger seat, a man who she called Collin was driving with a wide smile on his face. In the 15 hour car ride from the private airport to my pack I got to know him pretty well. 

He's about 5-ish years older than Saiph, so about the same age as me, and has way more personality than his little sister whom I learned it not related by blood. 

"Thank you." I got out, stretching my legs as Collin walked around and got my bags from the back of his SUV. "Oh you don't ha-" I started, getting a few tsks from Collin who wiggle his finger at me. 

"A gentleman such as myself cannot possibly let a lady carry her own bags in the dark." He smiled, I could feel the eye-roll from Saiph. "But seriously, I'll walk you to the pack house seeing how our presence isn't exactly planned." He slipped my duffel bag over his shoulder, and looking ready to wheel my suitcase through the little bit of forest that hides most of the pack territory from the rest of the world, seeing how we are parked at the side of the road. "Saiph's gonna wait here in the car." 

Collin began walking straight into the forest, the one that is shared by a lot of packs. 

"Thank you so much Collin." I spoke meekly, following him close behind. I did send a letter to Brennon and Clint saying I would be returning sometime this week, but with the weird travel times and freedom to travel, I couldn't be too sure when. 

"Of course. I don't know many black wolves, but you are by far the nicest one I've met." He smiled, a genuine smile that warmed my insides. Something about Collin was so comforting, he just screamed older-brother and was just fun to be around. "Oh, can I see your phone by the way?" 

"Sure." I gave it to him without hesitation, my instincts telling me I could trust him. "Here you go." 

He opened it, seeing how I don't have a password on it, and proceeded to type a few things in it. "Here, it's my phone number if you need a friend on the other side of the country." He handed it back to me, careful not to touch my hand - not in a rude way though. 

"Thanks." I looked down at it, noticing how Collin took a photo of himself in this low lighting and the least flattering angle for him, even if he was a chiseled god.  

"Just call me whenever you need me or Saiph. I can't help you with black-wolf stuff as much as Saiph can, but I'll be there for you." His pleasant mood was suddenly sour when he looked behind me. "

Turning slowly I noticed a familiar hair-colored wolf that was panting slightly from probably sprinting. 

"Brennon?" I didn't have much time to react before he lunged at me, his tongue lolling out to the side with a goofy wolf-grin. "Whoa!" I cried out, losing my balance and landing roughly on my butt as Brennon came right in front of me, licking my cheeks like I was some walking popsicle. 

"Hello Beta Brennon," Collin chimed in, his smile nice and big. Brennon stopped licking me and looked up at Collin. "I'm Gamma Collin from the Evergreen pack." Brennon snorted, acknowledging the Gamma of pretty much the strongest pack in the world. "Well, seeing how you now have someone to take you to the pack house." 

Collin proceeded to put the duffel bag on Brennon's back, handing me the handle of my suitcase before waving me off and heading back to the car. 

I watched his back until he was fully concealed by the trees, and when I looked back to Brennon all I saw was a bare chest and jeans. 

"Oh." My face felt like it was on fire as I looked up to his face as he gave me a boyish, and awkward, smile. He looked bigger than when I last saw him, his high school self almost pale in comparison. 

"Hey Mable,"Brennon pulled me into a proper hug, "Sorry for the slobber, I was just so excited to see you." He rubbed my back, just holding me for a while with some sort of sadness. "Hey, Mable, before we start heading back, I need to tell you something." He pulled away, looking down at me while pursing his lips, "I lied to you, on the letters." 

My mouth went dry, but I kept my mind open. Brennon has always kept my best interest in mind and I don't doubt that he still does. "O-okay."

He signed, inhaling deeply before looking at me dead in the eyes. "I lied to you about Axel, sorta." He sighed again, proceeding to inhale again, "He, he does miss you, so much so that he picked a new luna." He said that so fast that I almost did not catch was he said.

"What?" My voice was breathless, my whole body was trying to cope with this new information. 

"We all told him not to, that you will come back, but he didn't listen." Brennon noticed my body violently shaking, quickly adding, "He doesn't do anything with her! They don't even sleep in the same room!" I don't know if I find any relief in that, but I was still shaking. "I think he was just trying to get over you." 

Gee thanks Brennon, that was so helpful. 

"O-okay," I tried to process all the information just provided to me.

"Oh!" He started walking, taking my hand in his, "I have so many things to tell you!" He seemed like he was trying to change the subject, "I found my mate: Rachel, you remember her right?"

I nod, "She's nice." I comment, remembering her intense energy. 

"Yeah," he smiled to the ground, probably thinking of his mate, "Clint and I also made a room for you. It's in the pack house though, the only free room was by the omegas." I guess my old room was taken, "We had a couple new members move in so your old room is now occupied, but your new one was Rachel's old one. She left some of her clothes for you to use and some other things like makeup. She also left her old laptop, it's a little glitchy but it's connected to the wifi and can a least play minesweeper." 

I smiled, I never had a laptop before, not even Caleb gave me such things. I always stuck with him anyways so there was no need for phones and international texts and emails don't send out from the island so letters was the only way to go. 

"Thank you so much." I squeezed his hand, noticing the forest thin out and the pack houses were appearing. My nerves shot up and I'm sure Brennon could hear my heart beat. 

Right before we made it to the first pack house, the stares of the other members making this even more nerve racking. He quickly added, "Just tell me or Clint if you want a new computer or anything else."