Chapter 45, Axel

"Are you two stupid?!" Collin whisper-shouted, getting a glare from both of us. No one ever disrespects an alpha like this but Collin is unfazed. "We are in a human hospital with human workers! Even if the council is disbanded we can't just throw away the rules and treaty with the humans!" 

"That treaty is older than I am," Caleb grunted, standing up from the bench Collin forced us on.

"Sit your ass back down," Collin grabbed his shoulder, shoving him back onto the bench beside me. I growled, shifted away from him looking on the opposite side of the courtyard. But a blonde head of hair caught my eye as whoever they were disappeared around the corner. "Now," Collin started, "The two of you need to get along for Mable's sake." 

Caleb just remained silent, but I had a gut feeling after seeing the blonde. 

Ignoring the two I stood up, brushing Collin off when he tried to grab me. 

"I need to walk this off," I snapped, getting Collin to stop pestering me enough for me to walk around the corner. There wasn't anyone there, but there was still a strong smell of some sort of perfume that was dreadfully familiar. 

Though I can't name the owner of this stench. My memory was a bit fuzzy. 

"Axel," A voice that attempted to sound sultry came from behind the trees, and a familiar fake-blonde emerged from goddess knows where, "I've missed you." 

Oh shit. 

It's her. 

That girl I met while traveling to different packs on alpha business who I dated long enough for me to stupidly make her my luna in my shock from Mable leaving me. 

She looks the same. 

Some platinum blonde and sun-kissed skin. 

But, what the hell was her name?  

I can't remember for the life of me. 

"Hey," I started, watching her cautiously as she approached with a sashay in her step, "you." I tried to sound confident in my words, and seeing how she didn't falter, I'd say I pass this round. "what are you doing here?" Last I remember she left the pack. 

I think. 

"I came to save you." 

"Save me?" My nerves shot up, especially as she had one of her hands hidden behind her back. 

"Yes, from those black wolves," she smiled, one that was enough to make my hair stand up on my neck. "They are toxic." 

"They are just people." I felt my anger overtake my nerves. I was moments away from decking her. 

"They are monsters," she briefly looked up, her smile growing more malicious. 

In the split second her eyes were not on me, I lunged forward, slamming her to the ground and fighting her easily for what she was hiding from me.

"What the fuck is this?" I held up a syringe, sniffing it only for my nose to start burning, "Wolfsbane?" 

She struggled, but I had her securely pinned to the ground, "B-babe," she choked. I had my knees around her arms that were pinned to her sides, and my other hand right around her throat. "T-that's not for you."

I felt almost too scared to ask, "Then who was it for?" 

"That bitch M-" 

Before she could finish, the window shattered above us, the glass falling just beside us. 

I looked up, still keeping her pinned despite her struggles. I couldn't tell what was happening, but all of the sudden a body followed the glass, slamming down into the ground with a spine-chilling crunch.

The body was completely wrapped up in a hospital sheet, so I couldn't see the face or even the gender, but the scent is what got me. 

My nose twitched with the overwhelming smell of blood and wolfsbane, indicating this body had been beaten to a pulp - if the growing red splotches were not a clue already - and is been pumped full of this poison. 

Looking up, I could briefly see a lock of blackish hair disappear into the broken window frame. It took too long for me to realize that it was Mable's hospital room that was located right above. 

"Shit!" I quickly knocked this woman out, punching her, noticing Collin and Caleb rounding the corner, probably hearing the window shattering.

Caleb took one glance and already bolted. He was so fast I would say he teleport. 

"Who is she?" Collin was beside me, looking at the syringe then at me. 

"A mistake," I got off her, clenching the syringe with a building fury, "Take her to my pack and put her in the holding cells."

Collin nodded, not arguing as he lifted her like a sack of potatoes. 

I began to run to Mable's room as well, coming to see Caleb standing at her bedside, with her body still in the exact position it was earlier. The only new thing in her room was the broken window and blood stains. 

"What is going on?" I asked, pretty much to no one. 

Caleb did not answer me, instead he reached out and stroked Mable's head tenderly, shifting her hair out of her face that flowed into her face due to the breeze coming through the new hole in the wall.

We ended up standing here in silence, not even the doctors were anywhere in sight. 

Did no one else here the window break? 

A/N: Sorry for a shorter than usual chapter! But I saw many of you wanted an update ASAP, so here it is! Hope you like it!