Chapter 32

(A/N: My birthday is tomorrow so to give you a small birthday special here is the next chapter! I don't usually ask for votes, comments, or following, since I feel that if you really enjoy my writing you'd follow me anyway, so all I ask is you guys check out my instagram -> Beargorawr. I don't post a lot on it but it's an easier way to get in contact with me bc I really enjoy talking to all of you without having to comment on my own story.)

"I- I don't know," the young teen started, "my mom was brought here cause she was shot in the leg, an-and then I left to get some water and when I came back this was here."

I listened to him, but was very distracted but the creature, twitching and gurgling.

"H-help me."

A weak garbled voice echoed in my ear.

I whipped my head to the boy, seeing he was staring at the creature in utter horror.

"Did you hear that?!"

He was so frozen with fear and shock he didn't hear me.

"H-help me."

I whipped my head back to the creature, seeing the desperate brown eyes staring at me, blood leaking from one of the eyes like grotesque tears.

"I need you to go and get Alpha Caleb," I grab him, pushing him out the door.

Finally collecting himself he ran off, hopefully knowing what I said and not just running away.

"Hello?" I call out the creature, watching the eyes flash with some unreadable emotion.

"It hurts," the voice cracked, growing hoarser and more animalistic with every word, "It burst so much."

The voice was coming from the monster.

Taking a deep breath to calm my nerves I smelt something vile. Not the smells coming from the fluids leaking out of the creature, but something else.

It made my nerves spike even more, and I instinctly covered my nose.

It smelled like blood, but not of the creatures, rather blood that has been treated and tainted with something.

It was a poison of some sort, coming from the ventilation pump that was on the floor that looked like it was on the mouth on the creature.

I guess this is the boy's mother.

"Luna? Is everything al-"

I heard a doctor, and I quickly slammed the door closed, "Turn off the ventilation and clear this wing of everyone! Do not come back without a gas-mask on!"

I felt the air get just a bit colder, and everyone rushed around to follow my exact orders.

Then it was just me and the woman.

"Clever girl."

There was a different voice now, I look to the woman, seeing her eyes have glazed over with a sort of blood red color-filling up her whole eye.

"Who are you?"

Her mouth started flapping open and close, like one of those creepy puppets.

"I heard that black wolves were immune to poison, so I guess that rumor is true if you haven't turned yet."

"What have you done to this woman?!"

Now my stomach churns for that boy, praying to the goddess above that he is okay, and didn't breathe in this horrid poison.

"Just a little gift for Alpha Larson."

The the woman started cackling, her mouth filling up with blood as well as her eyes, pouring out of all the orifices of her face and into a puddle on the already stained tile floor.

Her body stopped moving, only small twitches here and there.

As for me, my legs finally gave out from under me. My whole body grew numb as I continued to stare at her lifeless body.

I couldn't pry my eyes away.

She's dead.

I don't know her name, her family, her hopes, her aspirations.

I don't know who she was but I could see what she became.

Bile started rising in my throat, and I collapsed onto the ground, holding myself up with my shaking arms. My stomached turned inside out as I emptied it onto the floor.

My eyes got hazy, my fingers multiplying in my vision.

10

7

13

20

Then everything went black.

Next thing I know I am still on the floor, besides my vomit-gross, with Caleb crouching beside me, no emotion in his eyes.

"Caleb?" I push myself off the floor, only for my arms to give out from under me. Caleb was quick to catch me before my head smacked the tile floor, and it didn't help that the room was spinning.

"Are you alright?" He set me on his lap, ignoring my vomit next to us. 

"Is the boy okay?" I weakly ask, lifting my hand shakily to cup his cheek. 

"He's fine, no transformation or anything." 

"Good." I coughed, trying to sit up. 

"The whole pack cleared this building, and I've called in our pack to take over the whole situation." 

I nod. 

It's probably for the best that our people now deal with this by ourselves. 

There have been 2 shooting attacks within a short time frame, and it seems tied into our arrival. So with the rest of our pack here we can sort this out faster than just Caleb and me. 

"This pack will not be happy with our presence." I note, sitting up fully in his lap, both of us looking at the woman's poor body.

"We'll be fast," he adds coldly, though he hugged me closer, "Besides this pack probably wants you here as long as possible." 

I was silent for a while, "There was a man," I started, "he spoke through her body, and said this was a gift for you." 

Caleb stiffened, though he was already tense to begin with, "I see." 

It appears he's not going to tell me anything, and this time I'm not letting him leave me in the dark, "So you know who I'm talking about." 

He was silent, and atmosphere grew tense. 

"You do," I conclude, feeling a small chill in the air, "So tell me." 

Caleb's eyes shot down to me, and chills ran up and down my spine looking into those dead-looking orbs. 

"T-tell me." I try to stay strong, but the air just kept getting colder and colder. "I demand you tell me." 

Finally he relented, blinking his eyes a couple times until they returned to a warmer gaze. "You are aware of how old I am, right?" 

I nod, though he barely looks 25 years old he's nearly 100 years old, and it should be known that there is no discernable age that black wolves die naturally. 

But with Caleb's age and experience he was bound to make several enemies. 

He sighed, suddenly the temperature dropped to the point where I started shivering violently, and I could see my shaky exhales. 

"I cannot tell you," he finally spoke with a huff, "So I command you to forget everything since we left the island."