Chapter 7

"So there is a training session tomorrow," Clint spoke, his nose in a paper as he barged in my room at the lovely hour of 4AM. "I need your help to run it." 

"What?" I groggily sat up, rubbing my eyes to try and focus on Clint. Bless my night vision because I could see how disheveled he was. 

His eyes were sunken into his face as his hair was completely covering half of his face. His hands had a slight shake to them as he gripped the paper tightly and his body looked stiff and worn in his baggy shirt and sweatpants. 

"Tomorrow's training session in the the morning." Clint clarified, his eyes darting to me as they looked bloodshot. 

"Clint when was the last time you slept?" I rubbed my eyes again, sliding to the edge of the bed where he was standing. I was changed into a loose t-shirt and sweatpants that I found new in my closet. 

"Sleep?" He scoffed, "I don't have time for that." He started flipping through the paper until I took it from him. 

There is only one person I know who could run on no sleep and no food and she is not Clint. 

"Clint, come lie down," I got up and put the papers on my nightstand. I turned to see that he was just staring at me with a skeptical look. "Lie down," I pointed to my open covers where I was laying, "I'm gonna tell you a bedtime story." 

He finally starts moving, laying exactly where I was with furrowed brows. "Are you serious?"

"Yes," I flipped the covers over him, pulling up the vanity stool to the bedside, "Now sit there and be a good child." 

"I'm older than you." He doesn't smile at me, but I could see the amusement in his eyes. 

"Doesn't matter," I smiled, "Do you want a glass of milk?"

"No." He proceeded to yawn. A very good sign.

"Great because I don't want to get up." I watched his eyes open and close, another good sign. "My story is about a little girl who lived with a big, fluffy, bear." 

Once upon a time there was a little girl who was lost in the woods.

It was getting dark and she did not know the way home. 

Cold and in tears she wandered deeper into the woods.

She was so scared and so lonely. 

Suddenly there was a loud sound coming from the dark trees. 

She was even more scared, crouching beside a nearby tree away from the sound. 

Soon a big creature emerged from the darkness. 

A big black bear. 

It had a dead fish in its mouth, not even noticing the small girl until she let out a whimper. 

It looked right at her, it's cold eyes analyzing the trembling girl.

"Good evening child." The bear spoke, though his mouth did not move.

"Hello." The girl squeaked out of instinct. She was raised to be very polite.

"Why are you out so late? Little girls like you need to be home." 

"I don't know where home is." The little girl replied, wiping away her drying tears. 

"Such a shame," the bear approached her slowly, "I do not know where the human village is but you can come with me."

The little girl did not know what to do, but she started following the nice old bear.

I stopped my story, seeing how Clint was now sound asleep, his snores filling the silence with his eyes closed shut. Seeing how I am now wide awake I decide to explore without a crowd of people watching my every move or trying to talk to me.

I just am not used to people actually paying attention to me or acknowledging my existence. 

I kinda miss the times where I was a permanent wallflower. 

Walking outside, the morning dew tickling my bare feet as I wrapped myself in my arms, looking up to the moon that was slowly sinking into the trees. The stars were still out, something about them reminding me of new friends.

I could even see my breath in this early morning, watching it fade with the moonlight. 

I've always enjoyed the moonlight. 

When I would travel with Caleb, we mostly conducted our business deep into the night, often he had to leave me alone with the moon being my old comfort.

It was like the moon was my friend, and her light was giving me as much warmth as the sun.

I looked to it as it still lowered at a soothing pace. Sunrise was in a few hours but it felt like it was coming too soon. I just wanted to be night forever, it's when I feel the most.... covered?

I suppose night time is dangerous too though, making creatures are lurking around the territory - afraid of being caught by the night patrols. 

I looked around the darken pack houses, soon realizing I have wandered in the middle of the field that the houses are connected too. The moon light was almost brighter here, but right now it did not feel comforting. 

It felt like a warning. 

"A pure blood." A voice echoed through the field, a young voice so young I couldn't tell if it was a girl or boy. 

"Who's there?" I shouted to the air, hoping to sense anything but got nothing, my nerves were hammering through my whole body though. My whole self feeling like it is on fire. "Show yourself!"

"We are wondering why a pureblood is an omega." The voice was still echoey, but it sounded much closer, close enough for me to sense a distinct presence. 

"Who is this 'we?'" I asked in a normal voice, "All I sense is you!" I whipped around backwards, silently praying this works out as my arm connected with a rather short person as I clipped them with all my strength.

A loud crack echoed in the night time silence, and soon a woman started appearing on the ground. Her eyes were closed and blood started pouring from her head as she laid there lifelessly. I could vaguely hear her heartbeat, telling me I did not just kill someone blindly and I thank the Moon Goddess for that. 

Her while silky hair tells me that she is indeed a white wolf and I guess her powers allowed her to slip through the patrols and get to deep inside the territory. And patting her down with as much respect as possible I found vials after vials of wolfsbane and liquid silver along with silver daggers. 

This girl was on an assassination mission for sure, and was cocky enough to pick a fight with me. 

Damn I've gotten good. 

But a deep voice drew me from my mini, mental victory dance.

"What the hell is going on?"