Chapter 47, Clint

I'm going to die. 

I know this for a fact. 

It's been almost a month since Mable has been admitted into the hospital and it's been a month since I've been puking blood every single morning. 

Is this what morning sickness is like? Because it still feels like my insides are on fire. 

Leaning over my toilet has also been a daily routine, and it's great that I moved out of the pack house and into my own house. Something I did because I could not live there anymore with everyone. 

**Clint I'm outside your house and smell blood,** It was Brennon, **Are you alright?**

**I'm fine.** I flush the toilet and watch the blood just swirl away, **I accidentally nicked myself.**

Brennon didn't respond, instead I heard my front door open and someone storming up the stairs of my small home. I could even hear the wood straining under his feet. 

"It does not smell like a small nick," he ran over to my side seeing how I haven't gotten up from the floor, "You look awful." 

"I'm aware," I tried to get up, but I could not feel my legs whatsoever, and before I slammed back into the tiled floor Brennon grabbed me, leaning my body against his as we shuffled out of the bathroom and to my bedroom. "Thanks." 

"Clint you have a nose bleed," he pulled some toilet paper, handing it to me so I could dab my face, seeing a bright red splotch on the white paper. "Are you okay? You haven't been outside of your home in weeks." 

"I'm fine," I spat, reddish saliva flew out of my mouth and onto the bed sheets. 

Brennon watched me with a blank expression, only reacting when I swayed, nearly falling backwards. He grabbed onto me, lowing me gently onto the bed with such a worried face. 

"I'm getting the doctor," he was about to leave but I grabbed onto him, stopping him before he did anything, "Clint you are dying." 

"Yeah no shit," I still clung onto his shirt as I felt my body melt into the bed, "You can't do anything to help me, I just have to ride it to the end." 

"You scanned yourself?" He was referring to my powers, and yes, I did. My senses told me that there would be no hope for my body. It was a full shut down. 

"It's useless to prolong it," I ,let him go, "My body was already dying since she died," my throat tightened with the thought of her, "My inner wolf gave up a long time ago and it is about time my body got with the program." 

"But what about Mable?" Brennon looked down at me, so much hopelessness in his eyes. 

"What about her?" I look right into his eyes, my voice quiet but firm, "We don't know when she wakes up, and it's probably a few more days before I bite the dust." 

Brennon suddenly grabbed my collar, pulling me up so our faces were only a few inches apart, "How could you say that?!" He growled, "how can you be so casual about dying?!" 

I try to pry his hand off my shirt, but I had no strength at all, "What else am I suppose to say? The truth is I am going to die and there is no sugar coating it. I will not act like it will be okay because it won't be." He finally lowered me, and I just laid there, my arms feeling like stiff boards, "So go to your mate, she needs you now." 

He was silent, just watching me with still the such sad eyes. 

After a while he began to leave, but right before he walked out of my room he paused for one last moment, "She wouldn't want you give up like this." 

She probably wouldn't, my mate.

She would probably take one look at me and push me off the bed.

Then she would've forced me on a walk with her. 

I should've gone on a walk with her. 

At least one. 

"Hey Maya," I called out to the ceiling, feeling my eyes burn with the familiar feeling of tears, "Maya, I'm not sure if you can hear me up there, but I miss you." I sigh, closing my eyes as hot trails of water roll down my cheeks, "but I'll be with you again soon." 

I just feel my whole body go numb as I just become one with the bed. 

Brennon did make a good point though. 

What about Mable? 

I couldn't visit her in the hospital, mainly because Alpha Larson is not fond at me with the whole council debacle. 

But I do hope she does wake up soon, maybe I can say goodbye to her one last time. 

A/N: I'm sorry for the short chapter again! And I'm sorry if I'm breaking some of your hearts! 

But I hope everyone is staying safe!

I guess with all my free time I've been working on other stories (not published) and I am trying to post more on my instagram (@beargorawr - shameless self promo I'm sorry) so if you want to learn more about just me, I guess follow me? 

I try not to ask people to follow me bc I feel like if people are interested, they will follow. 

But once again stay safe!