Chapter 2

"OH MY GOD!" Rachel ran right up to us when we got into the house, her brown curls now had golden highlights striping her hair, her eyes lined with light mascara and some eyeliner giving her look a more kitty-like appeal. "Mable how could you!" 

I stood there wide-eyed until she came up to me and grabbed me, wrapping me in a bear hug, proceeding to pull me up so my feet no longer touched the ground. "Uhhhh." I didn't know how to react. 

"You didn't send me any letters!" She screamed into my ears, nearly breaking my ear drums. "But I forgive you, don't worry, we have plenty of time to catch up on all the things I wanted to tell you!" 

I smiled, though it was more for politeness than anything else.

I didn't know we were close enough friends. 

I barely was friends with Brennon and Clint, but I still felt obligated to give them life updates. 

"Rachel, don't suffocate her." Her mate took the suitcase from the floor since I dropped it when Rachel appeared. "Come'on Mable, I'll take you to your room." 

Rachel soon released me and squealed, "You'll love what I did to your room!" She grabbed my hand, leading me down the dark hallways. The pack members lining some of the corridors, stopping their conversations to stare. "I also took the liberty of throwing out that trash of a laptop and replaced it myself." She shot a glare towards the back of his head, and it was like he could sense her stares since he turned around and gave her a sheepish smile.

"I don't mind using your old things." I spoke softly, luckily without any stutters. I felt pretty comfortable with Rachel, and in the pack house. 

Caleb used to have to stay with me all the time since the black wolves were unpredictable. 

Rachel gagged, "I won't allow it, most of my clothes are completely unacceptable for you to wear." She scrunched her nose, "But we also moved most of your old clothes to the room as well." 

Speaking of clothes, Rachel no longer wore her typical pink sweater and leggings. Now she was wearing a red crop top and a black cardigan and high-waisted jeans that didn't hug her legs as much as the leggings. She was also only wearing socks that had a cat face at the end and was striped with red and black stripes. 

Overall she looked awesome. 

"Thank you so much." I mumbled, finally reaching near the basement staircase where my room was supposedly was. I didn't realize how isolated my old room was until I saw this was pretty much in the back of the pack house. 

Brennon unlocked my door, handing me the  keys afterwards, "This is your room keys and with a spare." I looked at them, just old fashion gold keys that seem to be completely unused.  "The bathroom is still over there," he pointed to a door just down the hall. Then he suddenly looked really depressed. 

"Tell her." Rachel nudged him, looking just as nervous. 

I tilted my head, looking at the two curiously, "What?"

"It's about your pack rank." Brennon awkwardly rubbed the back of his head, "The thing is Ma-."

"I'm still an omega right?" I interrupt, getting shameful nods. "That's okay," I sighed, "I don't mind." I probably have to do the regular omega work too, like cooking and cleaning. 

"I'm really sorry Mable. Axel was being unreasonable and stubborn, but as soon as he gets his head out of his ass we'll fix everything." Rachel spoke quickly, grabbing my hands and giving me a blinding smile. "For now relax, Clint will come by and give you your list of chores and uniform for events." 

I nod, remembering this process in my old, old, pack. 

Our uniforms looked like the typical black and white maid uniforms, though I never had to wear one since I didn't even attend pack events. 

But either way, I don't mind the chores. I was used to do menial chores for Caleb, like cooking, but usually we were never home long enough for me to bother with cleaning. 

"Well, we'll give you time to get comfortable. Clint is out right now so enjoy until then." Brennon smiled, tugging at his mate's arm before they both left me alone to my thoughts. 

I waited for them to turn the corner before closing my door, locking it from the inside so I would have no sudden intruders. I wasn't used to having working locks on my doors. 

Turning around, I made a dead sprint to the small twin bed, flopping on it gracefully to thankfully see no dust fly up. 

I guess they did prepare this room for me. 

Snuggling into the sheets I relished the fresh-ish smell gave off. Well it smell more like... old. 

"Graceful." I heard a deep and dead voice coming from the shadows. 

"Holy!" I screamed, taking the pillow and chucking it towards the dark as hard as my noodle arms could. The shadow caught it easily, coming out of the dark and putting it back on the bed beside me. "Clint?" I sat there practically shocked. 

He looked so different, but smelled the same. 

His white hair was styled upwards, the sides shaven and the top long enough that it covered one of his eyes. The same dead look was in those orbs, but his mouth was curved upwards in a smirk. His build was also bigger, replacing his slender figure with a more masculine look and making him look more boyish. 

Still a beautiful man though.

"Hello Mable, you are looking well." Clint walked up to the bed, staring down at me with a cold look. He reached out, poking me in the forehead and held his finger there. "You're also in very good health." Removing his finger his eyes got a tad lighter. "I'm happy to see you." 

I smiled, a much bigger one than his, "It's good to see you too Clint." I stood up, standing right in front of him as he patted my shoulder lightly with some fondness. He really was firmer. 

"Yes," he replied, stepping slightly back, "I was told to give you a chores list." Shuffling through his pockets he pulled a rolled up piece of paper, "Most of them are in the main house. You'll be a cook there for the new members and guests." He seemed like he was hiding something, a thing I picked up from spending almost all my time with someone equally as dead inside as Clint. 

I just took the list from him, opening it all the way to see the quite long list of chores.

Cook breakfast.

Clean and adjust bedrooms.

Cook lunch.

Clean pack house library.

Cook after training, high protein, snack.

Cook dinner. 

On weekends, clean alpha's house and make him morning coffee and breakfast. 

Every other Wednesday, clean the kitchen.

Once a month, clean linens and rugs.

Wait.

Backtrack. 

"On weekends, clean alpha's house and make him breakfast?" I read aloud looking straight at Clint who was staring down at the list in my hands.

"And coffee." He added.

Not helpful Clint.

Not helpful at all.