Chapter 3

"This is your uniform for events, you don't really have to wear it for your normal chores but I can lend you some old clothes and aprons if you want," Clint lifted a small dress bag, opening it reveal a simple black dress that had a cute white collar with a pearl at the front. Overall it looked very casual especially with a white cuffs and golden cuff links. "This has a barrett that goes with it, but it honestly looks so stupid I pick one up for you. Instead-" 

He pulled out something wrapped in pink tissue paper, and after laying the bag on the bed he opened it up to reveal a beautiful rose gold barratt that was in the shape of a small maple leaf with a small diamond in the middle of it. It was quite small but it was adorable. 

"Thank you." I felt tears pricked my eyes. No one has never given me something like this, something that was just for me. The only gift I got was from Caleb  

"Of course," he shrugs, "Better that than the ugliest bow I've ever seen in my life." He smiles, his eyes looking a bit more lively. Sighing he rubbed his face, "You know, we didn't even require uniforms for omegas and the work for the house, but ever since that luna came - so many ridiculous things have changed."

"Like?" I questioned, not moving when he continues to let out a sigh as he clipped part of my hair back with the new barrett. I didn't mind this close contact. Clint was like a weird older brother. 

"Uniforms, weird training schedules that are barely an hour long, and extensive pack spending for her own personal shit." He adjusted my hair behind me ear, most definitely seeing some brown strands that I died for a few years but then gave up after my bathroom turned partially purple. He doesn't comment on it and continues to rant about more things that have changed. "She refuses to attend official pack meetings, doesn't even talk to the pack members, brings outside pack members basically every week." 

He continues his rant but I get the gist and tune him out. 

She sounds awful. At least Phoebe, or Nova, was a good luna from what I heard. 

"What's her name?" I asked, just trying to get him to shut up really. He was going on about something about a birthday and the luna being insincere about accepting gifts. 

"Who knows." He responds, "Only the devil fucking knows." He sighed again, rubbing his eyes and making his eye bags more obvious to me, "Now I have to go plan the god damn training schedule so our warriors don't turn into little cinnamon rolls." 

I try to hide my smile, thinking about fluffy and chubby wolf pups that always seem to flop around. "Do you want me to help?" I remember Saiph planning training schedules that look like it would kill my old pack members. 

No wonder her pack is number one. 

She would mail a whole stack of schedules once a month to her pack, telling me they were different workouts for every day and showed me one that was about 100 different things that looked ridiculously impossible. The first 3 exercises would have destroyed my feeble body. 

I thank Caleb that he had to travel so much that I didn't have to be put through one of Saiph's training sessions. 

He took a long look at me, "Yes, please." He hurried out, opening the door and holding it open to me. My chores start next week and so I had a lot of time to help Clint out. "You know, if you talk to Brennon I'm sure he can upgrade your status and you can help run training." 

I just smile and shrug, "I'm used to being an omega so I'll stick to what I know." 

I don't really want the pressure of being someone who is a leader. I can't make decisions for my life. 

"Suit yourself," Clint didn't say much more. But lead me back out of the pack house and across the large field to the larger main house that is mostly meant for new pack members or guests. "But don't forget, you can tell Brennon or me if you ever get overwhelmed." 

I nod, not responding. I did appreciate his concern though.  

"Hey! Chris!" I heard a feminine voice shout from just outside the house just before we entered. And I've never seen someone react like a true deer in headlights like Clint as he froze up and clenched the door handle so tightly that I thought he was going to rip it right out. "Is that a new member?" 

I look slowly to the side where I see a supermodel-like woman, but with the typical blonde curly hair and bright blue eyes. She sorta looked like Nova, err Phoebe, but much taller and so skinny I felt like even I could break her with some effort. 

"No luna." He spat out with such a tight voice it sounded like he was choking on an egg. "She is a returning member." He spoke quickly still holding the door handle like a lifeline with a silent signal to the luna to just let him in the building. 

"Oh," she looks at me, eyeing me up and down with me a growing smirk. "Hello, I'm the luna, what's your position." 

What?

"Omega?" I questioned, what happened to my name? What happened to her name? What are we even doing? What are we talking about again?

"Oh," her smirk grew, like she just won something. "You are a black wolf." She stated this more than a questioned, her eyes glinting with mischief. 

"Yes?" I respond once again in the form of a question, still unsure where the hell this conversation is going.

 Her face lit up like New Years as she gave me the fakest smile I've ever seen. "Well I hope you can contribute to the pack." Without a goodbye she turned around, walking on the grass pretty quickly since her stilettos were sinking. 

As soon as she was out of earshot I heard wood breaking a slight groaning of metal. I turned back to Clint to see he ripped out the door right from the doorway. "I'll fix it later." He grumbled, propping it on the wall beside the doorway and walking inside without another comment. 

But there was still one thing I was curious about.

"So what was her name again?"