Chapter 12

"So tell me about today's training." I talk to Clint, who was sitting on the edge of my bed after he laid me down on top of the neatly made sheets. 

As soon as I spoke the word 'training' Clint immediately groaned and flopped onto my bed on his back, nearly missing my feet.

"I want to gorge my eyes out with a melon baller, stick them on a skewer, and force feed them to that luna." He looked up to me, staring at me with an unreadable expression. "She did about one pushup and complained the rest of the 2 hours." 

I nod to myself, relieved I didn't have to survive those 2 hours but felt a bit sorry for Clint. 

"How was everyone else?" I asked, just for the sake of Clint's sanity. 

"Complained too, but still did the work." He sighed and stared at the ceiling, "Not a lot of girls did the training either, seeing how their luna refused they saw no need to." He started rubbing his face that had even darker bags than the last time I really saw him.

"Clint have you been sleeping?" A wave of deja vu swept across me as I looked down at my friend. 

Clint let out a humorless chuckle, closing his eyes for a while before opening them back up. "Nope." He spoke, popping the 'p.'

"Why not?" I asked, forcing my sore body to crawl beside Clint, flopping on my belly and propping myself up so I was right next to him.

"I don't have time for that." He yawned, his body betraying his words. 

"Well why don't you sleep now? I'll take over your duties." I smiled, seeing him give me a tired, pointed look. 

"No." He tried to sit up but I was faster, grabbing his shoulders and pushing him into the bed. 

"Sleep," I ordered, getting up and stretched, my mini melt-down long forgotten and my body feeling exceptionally refreshed from sobbing and resting. 

"You don't even know what my duties are." Clint tried to get up again but I kept him pinned to my bed, "You know I have my own room." 

"Yeah," I smirked, "I know. I also know that you keep a very detailed planner in your office." I get up making sure he stayed on my bed, "I'll wake you up later." Without waiting for a reply I leave.

I just started heading towards the main house, adjusting my sweater to make sure it was free of wrinkles. This time my sweater was mint green with a black and white cat head sewed on top of my right breast. 

"Luna!" I heard someone shout behind me, it sounds like another warrior probably looking for the luna. I just continued to walk, not turning around at all. "Luna!" The voice called out again, sounding a lot closer to me. 

Curious, I turned around to see Eddie jogging up to me, a bright smile on his face.

"Me?" I question, pointing to myself with raised brows. 

"Yes you," Eddie teased, looking like he was refraining himself from giving me a hug.

"I'm not the luna." I furrow my brows, watching his smile falter. "I'm just an omega, so you can call me Mable."

He frowned now, just silently staring at me with an unsatisfied look. "Sure Mable." He finally said, walking beside me and gesturing for me to move as well. "So where are you headed to?"

"Gamma Clint's office." I spoke formally, seeing how he was a pack member and a higher rank than me. 

Now it was his turn to look confused, "Why?" 

"To help him out with his work." I answered, noticing a lot of members walking by smiling at me. 

"Okay." Eddie was now silent, just walking me to Clint's office with his brows furrowed and his mind crowded. His eyes went in and out of glossy, meaning he was mindlinking someone about something. 

I waved him off as soon as we got to Clint's office, but he kinda lingered in the hallways, just slowly trudging away from me. 

Weird. 

I got into Clint's office, nearly screaming for help when I saw Axel at the far side of the room, staring out of Clint's window that gives him the perfect view of the forest. 

"Hello Alpha, how can I help you?" I asked, miraculously without stuttering. 

"Where is Clint?" He asks, his voice eerily calm despite his very stiff form.

"His is resting, Alpha, I've volunteered to temporarily take over his duties." I stand my ground, my heart picking up it's pace but my lungs were working, for now. 

That seemed to piss Axel off more. 

"Why the hell are you doing his duties? Are you really that willing to help him?" He turned to me, his eyes once again glowing with a burning passion.

"Yes," I respond bluntly, "He is my friend and I will do anything to help a friend." 

"He gave you up!" Axel stormed in front of me, breathing heavily with his fists clenched as if to prevent himself from touching me. "He gave you up to the damn council! He's the reason you were taken! He's the fucking reason that scum took you from me!" He finally let all hell loose and grabbed me roughly, harsh sparks blended with the pain as he pulled me into his chest, "He doesn't deserve you kindness." 

I felt him nuzzle into my hair, his breathing shaky and uneven. 

I embraced his warmth, snuggling into his firm chest to absorb some of his heat. 

Until reality came crashing back into me.

I pushed Axel off of me with all my might, seeing how my black wolf blood gave me an extra boost it was fairly easy to push him.

"Axel," I spoke coldly, his title throw right out the window, "I will not let you blame Clint for everything." With the sudden wave of pissed-off-ness I started walking towards him, poking his chest at every phrase, "You were the one who did not want me. You were the one to drag me to your pack. You were the one who turned me over to that old coot. You were the one to give me up." 

Even though half the things I said were not that true I was so pissed off that I couldn't find the heart in me to correct myself. 

I just stormed right out of the office.

Not noticing Eddie standing at the end of the hall.

Not caring about the curious looks I got.

Completely forgetting about Clint's duties.

Shoot.