Chapter 11

"She teleported?" I asked, my throat feeling a little better after a day of not talking, and lucky for me I was allowed to skip the training. 

"Yup." Brennon answered, still scribbling furiously on more papers, not making a dent on the massive stack. Rachel has also been in and out, showering me in random snacks and gifts. 

She says they are from the other pack members who were worried about me in my time in unconsciousness. The gifts varied from homemade treats to stuffed animals and little jewelries. Someone even found the same light blue pug sweater that was not covered in my blood. 

Everyone seemed like they just wanted me to get better very quickly. 

I made sure to thank everyone though, since I got a lot of visitors to my room when I returned to rest. Axel didn't say much when I finally left his room, but his eyes were trained more on the empty bed than me.

"How?" I questioned Brennon, last I check black wolves can't teleport no matter how long the list of abilities is. 

"She brought her luna along with her whose a white wolf," Brennon sighed, throwing his pen on the desk and rubbing his eyes, "You know there would be a lot less paperwork if Axel actually spoke to these alphas in person." 

"Why doesn't he?" I asked, picking off a paper from the top and skimming it's contents. It's something about witches and flowers. I just pick up the paper, scratching out sketchy looking things in this agreement-thingy like I've been watching Brennon do for a while. It looks like he's editing treaties and agreements so it suits both parties better.

He looks up at me and smiles, seeing how I was now helping him. "How's your neck?" He asks, casually changing the subject. He continues to scribble side notes and mark out some statements. 

"Better." I rub the front of my neck consciously, feeling the light indent of a line where I was sliced. When I was walking through the pack house, a lot of pack members were staring at my neck which is why I've hidden myself in Brennon's office in the main house.

Once again my chores start up next week and with the main house looking spotless it was like the other omegas and help was trying to lighten my load. 

"We've already started questioning the white wolf by the way," Brennon starts, his voice getting a bit rougher with every word, "She's not saying much." He gripped his pen so hard it snapped in an instant, ink spraying everywhere, all over his papers. "Shit." He cursed under his breath, getting to examine the damage. "Son of a-" He was about to curse but someone barging into his office interrupted him.

"Did you make the training set?" A furious deep voice vibrated my very soul. Out of habit I bow my head, staring at my hands that held the paper and pen.

"No." Brennon sighed, "Clint did, remember?" Out of the corner of my eye I could see Axel's fists clench.

"Why is she here?" He growled, not caring how harsh he sounded despite me being right there. 

"She's helping me with your paperwork." Brennon spat back, standing from his desk to try and intimidate his alpha. His chest puffed out a little like a bird. 

"Watch your tone Brennon." Axel warned, his fists so tight his knuckles were pure white, "And you, look at me." 

What?

I gripped the paper as I lifted my head, my hair covering part of my face as I took my courage and looked him straight into those ocean blue eyes that looked like they were about to glow. Something about this contact was making my stomach churn to the point where I felt like puking, but at the same time I sucked up my fear and something deep inside helped me maintain my gaze.

"Yes Alpha?" My voice did not waver, it had a sort of lifelessness to it as I scrambled up a formal smile. I was suppose to be a servant anyways so let's lay the formalities on thick.

That seemed to piss him off more as his eyes really started glowing to the point where they were like little LED's in his face. 

We stayed like this for a while, just him staring down at me as I continued to stay calm, my heart pounding so hard in my chest I thought it was about to jump right out of its caviety. Brennon has been long forgotten as we seemed to enter our own little word.

Just until Axel's eyes finally broke away and traveled down to my neck. 

Unconsciously I covered my scar, finally breaking away from his gorgeous face to stare at my lap. 

If I only didn't let down my guard around him, maybe I would've noticed the white wolf waking up before she could rip my throat open. 

All of the sudden I could see a large hand reaching for my neck and out of pure reaction I swiped at the hand, scratching it and drawing blood. My heart now pounding loudly as I stood up, breathing heavily and darting out, ignoring the stares from the two men.

I can't breathe in there.

Their eyes on me, closing in on my like some horror movie where the walls slowly close in with the threat of squishing you, and the atmosphere so thick I felt like I couldn't breathe. 

I can't breathe with him there.

I run right out of the main house, gasping the fresh outdoor air and stumbling to me knees.

"Oh shit," Rachel was suddenly by my side, holding my shoulders in comfort, "You're okay sweetheart, just breathe." She rubbed my shoulders up and down slowly, just comforting me with her nice words and soothing presence. I didn't even notice her shooing away concerned pack members. "Come'on honey, let's get you back to your room." 

I found myself walking, just slowly breathing as we trudged all the way to my room. I didn't even notice Rachel passing me off to Clint who carried me to my room.

"I got you Mable." Clint mumbled, holding me close to his chest, carrying me through the halls with the pack members making an active effort not to stare to make me more comfortable. "I figured meeting Axel would put too much stress on you." 

I give him a questioning stare, silently asking him to elaborate. 

"You are still the same ol'Mable." He responded, "Just a little braver."