༻ 4, The Deviant Hunter ༺

ROSE'S POV

He was an attractive young man appearing to be in his late twenties. He wore dark grey jeans, black shoes, a white shirt, a black tie and a semi-formal grey jacket. Looking at his right temple, I immediately saw the tiny blue LED circle, so I knew that he is an android. This was demonstrated by his jacket too. It had blue LED armband on his right upper arm, on the front a blue triangle on the left breast and his model and serial numbers on the right. He had dark brown hair and... 'God, those beautiful eyes...' Those chocolate brown eyes with a hint of golden color were fascinating...

"Miss Anderson... My name is Connor. I'm the android sent by CyberLife." he introduced himself with a sincere smile on his face. "The company has allocated a specialized model to assist you. That would be me." 'The operation of RosalieAnderson.exe has stopped working... To restart, please slap me...' It took me a while to return into reality. I knew that CyberLife was always trying to create aesthetically pleasing androids, but... I had to admit that one of the CyberLife's designers did a great job and I was very grateful for that.

"I'm Rosalie Anderson. But please, just call me Rose." I replied, returning his smile. I wanted to look away from him, but I couldn't stop staring at him, so finally I gave up the trying.

"As you wish, Rose..." when he said my name and smiled at me I felt as the air around me getting more and more warm. 'Calm down, Rose...', I warned myself. "I just got a report of a homicide, involving a CyberLife android."

"Then let's go." I replied enthusiastically. On the one hand, because I was missing the fieldwork which in recent days has been replaced by unnecessary paperwork. On the other hand, this was a great opportunity to get to know more about the RK800's personality and skills. He was a model I've never seen before. What's more, I thought Markus was the only one RK-series android. "Oh, and... I think we should find my uncle, Lieutenant Hank Anderson, before we get to the crime scene." I started uncertainly. "He is working at the homicide division, so he should be involved in this investigation. However, knowing him, it is quite likely that he won't appear without our persuasion."

"Sure." Connor agreed. "Do you know where Lieutenant Anderson is?"

"I dare to bet that he is sitting in a bar, as usually." I sighed. I logged out of the system, picked up my backpack, then we headed for the doorway. 'Let's find my uncle...'. Of course, I could try to reach him on his phone, but as I experienced he never answered the calls. That morning I came to the police station without my car, so we had no choice, but to call a taxi. To be honest, I had no problem with that, since at least I didn't have to concentrate on driving. Minutes later our taxi arrived, then we began searching for the lieutenant. We visited various bars in downtown Detroit. During the ride we spent our time with a pleasant conversation and I learned a lot about Connor. For example, thanks to CyberLife's development he is capable of reconstructing a sequence of events, he had been involved in a deviant case as a negotiator before, he can immediately determine if someone is lying and he likes dogs... He really was the most advanced android, yet he was so human... So different... Only one question left in my mind... 'Is he capable to become deviant?' "Connor..." I broke the silence after a few minutes. In the beginning I hesitated, but I wanted to know the answer. "Isn't CyberLife afraid of... Well... Maybe you become a deviant yourself?"

"I can assure you that it's not possible. It's never gonna happen."

"Okay, but... You never wanted to know who you really are? You never wanted to be free?" freedom. The biggest desire of the deviants. They wanted to walk freely among people... To love and hope freely... To be free to decide who they want to be...