༻ 19, The warmth of home ༺

ROSE'S POV

In the past few days everything went back to normal. Although, we didn't get new report since the case at the Eden Club, but I spent most of my time at the police station. However, today was an exception, since it was Saturday. In the morning I visited Carl and informed him about Markus' return, then as soon as I arrived home I prepared for relaxation. The weather was a bit chilly that day, so after I got home I put my hair up to a messy bun and this was accompanied by a black leggings, a pair of white plush slippers and a warm dark brown plush hoodie.

In those minutes I was completely alone in the house, because Connor decided to go for a short walk with Shasta

In those minutes I was completely alone in the house, because Connor decided to go for a short walk with Shasta. Once I got dressed I went to the kitchen and made a mug of vanilla cappuccino, then sat down on the comfortable couch between the soft pillows. I took a small sip of my hot drink, then glanced up at the silver-framed photograph on the drawer. For a brief moment I deepened in my memories...

"I miss you..." the sorrowful words left my lips. "If you were here now, you'd give me some advice on what to do..." I whispered, staring at the photo. "If I help the investigation, then soon we'll find the hiding place of the deviants... But if I obstruct it, then CyberLife will deactivate Connor, because he failed his mission..." I let out a deep sigh, then took another sip. "I don't know what to do and I only have bad options... There is a way to save everyone, but th-"

"Alarm deactivated. Welcome home, Connor!" the mechanical voice interrupted my words.

"Rose, we're home!" I heard his voice coming from the hallway.

"I found out~" I replied with a tiny chuckle, talking about the security system, then I placed my half empty mug on the coffee table as Shasta hopped up on the couch and greeted me. 'Awww, my fluffy baby...'

"Was everything alright, while we weren't here?" the RK800 asked me as he put down Shasta's leash on the small cabinet in the hallway.

"Sure." I replied honestly, stroking my dog's fluffy fur. It was sooooo fluffy. Suddenly a great idea came to my mind. "Do you wanna watch a movie?"

"If you would like to watch a movie, then I am pleased to join you." he answered with a gentle smile. I immediately picked up the remote controller of the huge LCD television and within a few minutes I chose the perfect movie. 'Passengers... I love that one!' We've been watching the movie for about thirty minutes when I deepened in my thoughts... When I was born the world was completely different. At that time there were no androids nor autonomous vehicles. But since then the evolution of technology has changed everything and it led to that future we live in.

"It's incredible that technology has no boundaries..." I said, watching at one of the best scene of the movie. "Look at Aurora..." I gestured toward the television. "She is lying in a hibernation bed already for thirty years. Looks like she's just sleeping, but her heart stopped beating thirty years ago... It's true that this is impossible with today's technology, but one day this will change... As always..." I added with a small chuckle. "The humanity imagined a futuristic world that only existed in their mind, then a few years passed and the imagination suddenly became a reality..."