༻ 30, Heartfelt wishes ༺

ROSE'S POV

On the next morning I woke up earlier than I expected. I slowly opened my eyes, then glanced at Connor who was still asleep. I didn't want to wake him up, so I closed my eyes again, laid my head on his chest, then started listening to the peaceful beating of his heart.

"Good morning, Rose!" Connor whispered a few minutes later, but he didn't opened his eyes. Instead, he pulled me into a tight embrace. I continued listening to his heartbeat, while the synthetic breathing made his chest rise and fall.

"Good morning to you too!" I answered with a small chuckle, then I tried to pull away from him.

"Stay..." he asked me in a slightly sleepy voice. I was a little surprised, because he has never done this before.

"And what about the bre-"

"Please..." Connor cut me off. I couldn't say no to him, so I stayed in bed.

"I give you five minutes." I said playfully.

"Ten..." he protested, then finally I agreed, but the ten minutes passed so quickly. I glanced at the hologram clock. 9:14... The time has come to start the day... Climbing out of the bed, I brushed my long hair, then I headed straight to the bathroom, while Connor got dressed and went to the kitchen. I took a quick shower, then I put my black leggings and my brown plush hoodie on. After I got dressed I swallowed a painkiller, then finally I also went downstairs. The girls were still asleep, so we had enough time to make some delicious breakfast.

"Strawberry pancake or blueberry pancake?" Connor asked me when I entered the kitchen.

"Blueberry..." I answered, putting the plates on the dining table. About fifteen minutes later we were making the last pancakes and the sweet smell could be felt in every corner of the house. "Thank you, Connor!" I thanked him for the help, leaning against the kitchen counter.

"You're welcome, my love..." he replied with a smile, then he wrapped his strong arms around my waist and kissed me. But this kiss was different. Much more passionate, much more intense... Unexpectedly I felt his warm fingers on my bare skin, then his hands slowly moved up on my upper body. His touch was like the softest silk. Suddenly I forgot about the outside world. At that moment nothing existed in my reality, only the man I loved... I instinctively wrapped my arms around his neck as he carefully put me on the kitchen counter, then gently pressed his lips against my neck. I was about to unbutton his shirt, but then we heard a familiar voice coming from upstairs. After that ,Connor gave me a tiny kiss, then put the blueberry pancakes on the dining table. Meanwhile, I completely deepened in my thoughts, sitting on the kitchen counter.

"Morning, sunshines!" Cassie spoke up once she saw us, then after a few seconds Scarlet also joined us.

"Good morning everyone!" she greeted us in a sleepy voice. "I want coffee! A lot!"

"Here. A cup of delicious Irish coffee, Miss Donovan."

"Thank you, Miss Anderson!"

"What about you, Cassie?"

"Mojito..."

"In your dreams..."

"Then a mug of hot chocolate with marshmallow."

"Okay." I said, then complied her request. "By the way, how did you sleep?"

"Amazing! A great night without pager beeping..."

"I slept very well, but I dreamed too much about my pilot..." Cassie responded, while I was pouring fresh mineral water into my glass, then finally I also sat down at the dining table then we continued the happy morning conversation. We were talking mostly about Cassie's future plans, Scarlet's boyfriend and our investigation. Once we finished the breakfast I glanced at the clock. 10:48...