༻ 61, The CyberLife tower ༺

ROSE'S POV

Finally, the big day has arrived.Although slowly, but a week passed. Well, nine days, to be exact... It was already late night when we all appeared in Markus' office which was located in the western wing of the huge cathedral. That was our last meeting right before our dangerous mission. A night that can change many things...

"As you know, Elijah has been studied every page of the notes in recent days. However, he informed me that there are some important things that we need to take into account during our mission." I said, then glanced at my uncle. "Elijah?"

"That's right! Well... Of course, there is a chance that things will not happen the same way as it happens in the notes, since all of this is just a theory. However, considering that every detail of the notes was exactly right so far, I'm sure that everything will be fine." my uncle explained with a confident smile, while every member of our team was listening carefully to Elijah's words, since we had to remember every little detail. "We can't wake Connor up from the hibernation while his synthetic android body is still active, otherwise his consciousness may be damaged or stuck in the synthetic body. But according to the notes, if the android body shut down, then the consciousness will automatically return into the original body. So... First of all, we need to find Connor's real body. According to the recording on the disc, the hibernation bed is on the 42nd floor in the room 9D."

"The 40th, 41st, 42nd and the 43rd floors are belongs to the Management Department. All of the important things are there, including the control room and the Executive Committee offices." Connor added as he slipped his hands into the pocket of his oil brown leather jacket.

"The plan is that as soon as we find Connor, he must shut down his synthetic body, so his consciousness can return into his own human body, then finally we wake him up from the hibernation. I'm sure that he will be comatose in the first hours, because he is in hibernation for months. It will be hard to get him out of the tower without being seen, but it will be even harder if the enemy notice us. So do not let ourselves get spotted. That's all..."

"As for the infiltration..." I continued confidently, since Markus stated that I am the leader of our team. Why? I have no idea... "My uncle successfully solved the problem. Hank?"

"Umm... Once I saved Captain Allen's ass, so he owed me. He is the leader of the Detroit S.W.A.T. team and thanks to this, I got two armored fighting vehicles.

"And where are these vehicles?" Josh asked him.

"Behind the cathedral. The name of these vehicles is Karatel... The developed version of the Russian military vehicles..." Hank explained. I was grateful to him. "The Karatel is very similar to Riot Unit's armored vehicles, but it's black and smaller. The Karatel has eight seats, it's noiseless, bulletproof and amphibious, so the vehicles are capable of operate both on land and in water. This is the only way to reach the Belle Isle without drawing attention..."

"In addition, tonight the weather is very windy and it's snowing, so it makes the things easier. What's more, the initial phase of the infiltration into the tower also will be simple. Well, relatively..." I said with an encouraging smile, then looked at the leader of Jericho. "Markus?"

"We will use the same method which we used at the Stratford Tower." he said. Markus, North, Josh and Simon infiltrated the Stratford Tower together, so they already had experiences. "With one change... At the request of Rose, Josh and Simon made eight pairs of electromagnetic gloves, or as Rose calls them, the gecko gloves..." Markus added with a chuckle at the end, making us smile. "These gloves can grip vertical surfaces. Although, the tower is covered with a titanium latticework from the outside, but it won't be a problem... At first, Rose, North, Connor and I climb up to the 8th floor on the eastern side where there are some rarely used archive room in the Design Department. Then, we use the laser saws and cut two holes in the glass wall. And finally, the other four members of our team follow us..."