༻ 44, I wish I could rewrite the past ༺

ROSE'S POV

As soon as I woke up on the next morning I immediately climbed out of the bed and started my morning routine. Once I finished I took a last glance at myself in the mirror, then finally I went downstairs. As usually, a plate of delicious breakfast was waiting for me on the dining table.

"Fried eggs, smoked bacon, toast and fresh vegetables..."

"Thank you, Connor!" I said as I sat down at the dining table, while Connor poured some fresh water into the glass.

"Is something wrong, Rose? Your level of stress is currently 47%..."

"I'm just worried..." I admitted honestly, then started eating my breakfast. "We'll be in Fowler's office in about an hour. What if we can't stay? What if he says that I'm fired? What if I lose my badge? Or what if I ha-"

"Rose!" Connor cut me off, then gently grabbed my hand. "Everything will be fine! Captain Fowler won't fire you. You are the best investigator in Detroit and the DPD needs you." hearing Connor's words, my lips curled into a smile and finally I continued eating. Within a half an hour we were already on our way. I was holding my badge in my hands, but soon Connor parked the Ranger in the parking lot of the police station. "Calm down! Everything will be fine!" he said with an encouraging smile as he unbuckled his seat belt, then we climbed out of the car and walked into the station. As soon as we entered the office everyone looked at us. Almost everybody was there, including Hank, Chris, Ben and Tina. Gavin also was in the office, but he was avoiding the eye contact. I never let Connor's hand go as we finally entered Fowler's office.

"Captain..." I broke the silence politely. Jeffrey instantly looked at us and his neutral gaze scared me, but after a few seconds a huge smile appeared on his face.

"Rose! Connor! I'm happy to see you finally!" hearing his words, my worry and fear disappeared. "I've started to worry that you may never come back."

"Sooo I'm not fired?"

"Fired? No! Not at all!" Fowler answered with a chuckle.

"Jeffrey, I... I misled the investigation... On purpose..."

"I know! And I know why you did it." he added, still smiling. I thought he will yelling at me, but I was wrong. "I appreciate your loyalty, as well as you stand by your principles. I'm proud of you, Rose!"

"And can Connor stay too?" Jeffrey didn't say anything, instead he was staring at the floor. What's more, his smile disappeared, then finally he looked back at us.

"I'm sorry, Rose, but..." at that moment my heart was full of bitterness, since I already knew what he was going to say. 'But Connor can't stay...' I felt as tears were coming to my eyes when suddenly Jeffrey's smile returned. "He's an even better detective than you, so he have to stay. I'm sorry, Rose, but you slid down to second place on the ranking..."

"FOR FUCK SAKE, JEFFREY! You are not funny!" I cried out with tears in my eyes, smiling at the Captain who was laughing with us.

"Hank, Connor and you are still a team. Homicides and android cases. You can start tomorrow... Oh and one more thing..." he added, then placed a black folder on his desk and opened it. There was a sheet of paper in it, filled with a lot of data.

"Umm... What's this?"

"The first page in Connor's disciplinary folder." as I heard his answer I raised an eyebrow.

"What?! But... What happened?"

"Well..." Connor started. He was a little embarrassed. "I punched Gavin and he fell over through one of the desks."