༻ 45, North ༺

ROSE'S POV

Two days passed since Elijah visited us. I felt like a new chapter had started in my life since the revolution. Androids gained their freedom, Connor and I were still working at the DPD as investigators, Hank finally gave up his suicide attempts, Elijah became part of my life again, Gavin became our friend and so on...

"What about this one?" from my deep thoughts North's voice pulled me back into reality. We were walking on the Woodward Avenue, looking for the perfect Christmas gifts and the most beautiful wrapping papers. Although, I spent most of the day in the office, my afternoon was free, since Connor and Hank decided to watch a basketball match together.

"Yeah! I think Markus will love it." I answered firmly, while we were staring at his gift through the shop window. After that, North bought Markus' Christmas gift, carefully put it into her backpack, then we went on. The sun already disappeared behind the horizon and the whole Woodward Avenue was illuminated by the colorful Christmas lights.

"Now I just need wrapping paper. And you?" North asked me with a smile.

"I need a small velvet pouch in which people usually keep jewelry or other little things." I started as the freshly fallen snow was crunching under our steps. "Then I need a wooden gift box, preferably pine or alder. And four envelopes, three greeting cards and something to my friends. Oh and wrapping paper..."

"As for the gifts... Where will you hide Connor's gift?"

"I have no idea. It's here in my backpack since morning. Though, I have a safe in the bedroom behind one of my paintings. Maybe there..." I replied with a chuckle, then we entered the Woodward Mall Center. It was full of Christmas decorations. Ornaments, tinsels, pine garlands, silver bells, ribbons, scented candles, poinsettias, plush reindeers, light garlands, traditional nutcrackers and so on. I picked up a shopping basket, then we looked around the huge stores.

"I forgot to mention that there will be a huge Christmas tree in the new Jericho." North said as I put the greeting cards and the envelopes into my basket. "In the middle of the main hall."

"Really? And whose idea was it?"

"Originally it was Josh's idea, but the others liked the idea too." she explained, then I picked up a wooden gift box from one of the shelves and put it into my basket. "You have no idea how much the cathedral changed in the past few weeks..."

"And what about the representatives?"

"Markus and Josh will definitely be the members of the representative board, but they still need members. Markus wanted me to join, but the politics is not my style..." North added with a chuckle at the end as I found the perfect gifts for my friends. For Scarlet I chose a fountain pen consisting of gold and black colors, while for Cassie I bought a silver keychain depicting an airplane. "What are you and Connor doing tomorrow?"

"We'll work, but our afternoon is free unless a new case come in. Why do you ask?"

"You should visit us in the new Jericho. The others would be happy to see you again."

"Okay, but why tomorrow?" I asked her in a joking tone as I placed a midnight blue velvet pouch into my basket, so finally I needed only one thing. Wrapping paper...

"Because I'll spend the day after tomorrow with Markus. He would like to show me where he was living before the revolution."

"It's good to see how happy you are together! You deserve each other."

"You know, when Markus first appeared in Jericho, I didn't like him." North said with a smile. "But later everything has changed... I realized that he is kind, honest, brave, loyal... And you have to admit that he is very handsome!" her last words were followed by my chuckle and North instantly noticed it. "What? He is handsome! Admit it!"