༻ 21, The melody of a broken heart ༺

ROSE'S POV

While I was walking away from the gravestone I was watching the dry golden leaves lying in front of my legs. Although, I was sorry for them, but if they hadn't fallen from the twigs of the ash trees, then maybe I wouldn't have had such a beautiful view. After a few more steps I returned from my thoughts, then I looked up from the golden sea, but Connor wasn't there...

"Connor...?" I called his name as I was looking around with worry. Although, all parts of the huge graveyard were clearly visible and we were the only ones who were there, but I didn't see the android. I knew that he wouldn't leave me here without a word, so I was even more worried. "Connor!" I called his name again, this time much louder, but there was no response. I was running despairingly, looking for him, then suddenly I heard some tiny noises. The strange sounds were coming from the river behind the golden bushes, but after a few more seconds the source of the noises came to light. "Jesus, Connor! You scared the hell outta me! You can't just disappear like that!" I warned my partner who just stepped out of the bushes. His dark jeans and white shirt were covered with dust, while he was holding his crumpled grey jacket like a fabric ball. "What happened? I was worried about you..." I was looking at him as he stepped closer to me.

"I'm sorry, Rose! I just..." he started, then carefully lifted one edge of his jacket. At that moment a pair of tiny brown eyes looked back at me.

"Awww... Hello there little one..." I instantly stroked the small animal who was a few months old husky puppy. "Her fur is soaked and she is shaking... Where did you find her?" I asked him as I looked back at the adorable puppy. Her chocolate brown eyes reminded me of Connor.

"On the shore of the river, while she was trying to get out of a dirty canvas sack. At first I heard only some strange noises and after I followed the sounds I found her." Connor explained. As I glanced up at him I saw the worry and sadness in his eyes. Hearing his words, I also felt the sorrow. How can anyone be so heartless and cruel that they wanted to get rid of this innocent puppy in this ruthless way? "Can we keep her?" Connor asked me in an angelic voice. I clearly saw in his eyes that he was almost begging me to say yes.

"Would you like to?" I asked back with a smile, but in fact I've already made my decision. 'From now on this puppy is a member of our family...'

"Please, Rose

"Please, Rose..." his voice was full of emotions.

"All right..." I answered finally with a deep sigh. His lips immediately curled into a huge smile and it filled my heart with pure joy. 'Awww, and he says that he doesn't have emotions...'

"Thank you!" he thanked me for my permission, then glanced back at the little puppy who was sleeping peacefully under the warm jacket. "Her body temperature is decreasing and her left forearm is injured."

"Then let's go home." I advised, then as soon as we walked through the giant iron gate of the graveyard we headed to the Ranger. "This time I'll be the driver. While I'm driving, keep the puppy warm." I said, then after we got into my car we went home... Less than half an hour later I parked the car on the driveway and once I climbed out of the vehicle I hurried to the front door to open it.