༻ 47, An agonizing nightmare ༺

CONNOR'S POV

I was driving the the Ranger on the streets of Detroit, but my thoughts where far away from reality. I was worried about my Rosalie... We were already almost at home, but her level of stress was still over 80%. When the traffic light turned red I stopped the car, then glanced at Rose. She was lost in her thoughts, staring at the music box in her hands. Minutes later I parked the car on the driveway, then once we climbed out of the car I put my palm on the biometric palm scanner.

"Alarm deactivated. Welcome home, Connor!" as soon as we entered the hallway we took off our shoes, boots and jackets, then finally we went to the living room. Luna was peacefully sleeping in front of the fireplace, but Shasta immediately greeted us.

"I'll make a mug of lavender tea for you." I informed Rose and planted a small kiss on her forehead, making her smile. After that, I went to the kitchen, made a mug of hot tea and finally joined Rose on the couch. "Drink this and soon you'll feel better."

"Thank you, Connor!" Rose thanked me the kindness with an honest smile as I handed her the mug. "Connor, I... I'm sorry that I was speechless in the car. I just wa-"

"Don't apologize, Rose! I understand..." I answered, returning her smile, then she took a sip of the hot tea. Meanwhile, the questions were swirling in my head... 'Who was hiding in the darkness? Was he really the murderer? Why did he kill those criminals? What does the white rose mean? Why didn't the murderer leave the manor? What did he want to do with Rose? What if...'

"Connor~" Rose's voice broke the silence. "Are you okay? You are staring into nothingness already for minutes..."

"Yes..." 'No...' "Rose... What exactly happened, if may I ask?" I asked her as Rose took a sip of her tea, then she looked at me.

"I took some photos and looked around in the mansion. Then I wanted to go back to you, but I heard a something... A melody..." she started the story, trying to recall her memories. "I followed it to the attic and I found the music box. I know that song, so I began singing. Once the song was over I looked into the mirror... At first I saw only myself, but then... Through the reflection I noticed someone in the darkness... He was staring at me... Accidentally I bumped into the mirror and you know the rest..." she said as she placed the empty mug on the coffee table, then I pulled her closer.

"Do you remember his face?"

"No... I remember only his silver grey eyes... There was too much shadow, but I saw his LED..." so my theory was right. The three men were killed by an android, that's why I couldn't find fingerprints.

"Anything else?"

"Well... I'm pretty sure that his clothes wasn't his own, because I haven't seen either his model number or his LED armband... He was as tall as Hank... Annnnnd..." the thought that the murderer could have hurt Rose made me scared. Whoever he was, we had to catch him as soon as possible. "There was a white rose beside the music box too, without blood and thorns. That's all I can remember..."

"It's okay." I answered, while I was thinking about how can I make Rose happy again. "I'll make some strawberry waffles for you. What do you say?"

"I love you!" Rose whispered with a smile, then kissed my cheek. "You always know what I need... You won't mind if I take a short walk in the park?"

"I'm not sure it's a good idea. It's late at night..." I warned her, hoping that she changes her mind and stays at home.

"And what if Shasta accompanies me?" she asked me. I knew that she just wanted to clean her mind, but I was worried about her.