༻ 59, A secret experiment and an encrypted program ༺

ROSE'S POV

10:23... 10:24... 10:25... 10:26... 10:27... The minutes were passing, while I was rereading some unsolved homicide cases on my terminal. But for what? Actually, I should have rested at home, because the wound on my chest hasn't healed completely yet, but it didn't stop me from helping to my partners with the paperwork. In the following minutes I rereaded a few more cases, then finally I got bored of waiting.

"Where are you going, Rose?" Connor asked me as I put my jacket and my backpack on.

"To Greektown. I'm going to find Elijah's old friend."

"You are really determined to solve the rA9 mystery, Miss Anderson." he remarked with a tiny chuckle at the end, then I sat down in his lap for a moment.

"Yeah, but that's not the point..."

"Then what's the point?"

"Maybe Dr Wallace knows something that can help to stop CyberLife. Markus and the others also know that our fight is not over yet..." I answered before I kissed his soft lips.

"Alright. But be careful, please!"

"Don't worry! I'll be back as soon as I can. I promise!" I reassured him with an honest smile, then I left the police station in a hurry. While I was heading for Greektown I tried to collect my thoughts. I didn't know what to expect. But I needed answers... Yes, I wanted to solve the rA9 mystery, but there was something I wanted even more. To eliminate CyberLife once and for all... I parked the Ranger, walked through the snow covered Henry Ford Commemorative Park and as soon as I reached the Arnold Brook Square I saw the android repair shop what I was looking for. In the first moment I was still hesitating, but finally I entered the shop. The air was filled with the fresh green apple scent and the white lights were shining on the black marble floor.

"Once again, thank you so much for your help, Mr Wallace!" I heard the voice of a WB200 who was standing in front of the counter. At first, I thought it was Rupert, but I was wrong. 'Mr Wallace... Yes... He is the one who I am looking for...'

"You're very welcome, Jake!" Dr Wallace answered, standing on the other side of the counter. He was a African-American man in his late forties. "I'm happy that I could help. And have a nice day!" and with that the WB200 left the shop, leaving us alone. "Hello! How can I help you?" he asked me politely, checking something on his tablet, then finally his gaze met mine.

"My name is Ro-"

"Rosalie Anderson..." he finished my sentence with a huge smile on his face, walking closer to me. "Can't believe my own eyes! You've changed a lot since the last time I saw you. Really!"

"Umm... Do we know each other?"

"I'm Dr Matthew Wallace. We've already met. Well, once... When your uncle took you to the CyberLife Tower." he said, crossing his arms. To be honest, his face was familiar, but I had no idea who he was. For a few seconds I deepened in my memories, then suddenly...

"Wait a minute! You are the researcher with that android hamster..."

"Yeah! He was the pet of our department. Hammie, or as some of my colleagues called him, Abrahamster Lincoln."

"Oh, Jesus..." I remarked with a chuckle as the old memories revived in me. 'Yes... I remember now...'

"What can I do for you, detective?" he teased me, since he knew exactly who I am. I took a deep breath, then finally I let him know why I was looking for him.