༻ 31, The Capitol Park ༺

3rd PERSON'S POV

The night view of the city of Detroit was beautiful. Everything was quiet and peaceful, while the pure snow was falling. However, there was a place where there was no joy or peace. Jericho...

"Our broadcast is all over the news." Josh said with a huge smile on his face, watching the screen of a hologram television. "Now humans know..."

"It was a mistake to reach out to them..." North protested, sitting on a shabby green armchair with crossed arms. "They'll never negotiate with their slaves. We should have shown them that we're prepared to fight." Josh and North have always thought differently. They often had disagreements with each other on how to approach humans. Josh was calm and he was convinced of the possibility of a peaceful solution with the humans, while North was the most aggressive and violent member of Jericho and she believed that violence is the only option.

"Violence is never the answer! Dialogue is the only way. I'm sure the humans will listen to us." Josh stated firmly, then stood up from the empty CyberLife crate. "Simon paid with his life..."

"Simon gave his life for our cause."

"What difference does that make?"

"He's a hero!" she replied in a calm voice. "He died for the revolution... And he won't be the last!"

"I don't want a revolution that spills blood!"

"Then live as a slave!" North yelled in response, increasing Josh's anger. "Because if you're not willing to fight for your freedom, maybe you don't deserve it!"

"North, don't you dar-"

MARKUS'S POV

"THAT'S ENOUGH!" I yelled at them as soon as I entered the room. They both were looking at me without any word, then finally North broke the awkward silence.

"And now... What are we gonna do?" a confident smile spread across my face, then I explained to them my detailed plan.

"There are five CyberLife stores across Detroit. All selling us like merchandise. We're going to attack those stores and set our people free..."

"Attack stores?" Josh asked back with some worry in his voice. "We've never done that before... They're probably protected and they have security systems..."

"We break into five teams, one for each store. We hack their security systems and strike... Simultaneously at two am... No violence! We free our people, get them out of there before the police come. This is a night our people will remember..." less than fifteen minutes left until two am when North and I arrived the Greektown district through the sewers running under the city. There were only a few cars and buses in the area as the snow was still falling.

"I've been waiting a long time for this..." North said with a tiny smile, but as soon as we left the alley we saw a patrol car. "MARKUS! This way! Quick!" she said, then we immediately hid behind one of the garbage containers. Fortunately, the police didn't notice us, so once they left the road we could continue our way to the CyberLife store. "It's okay. They're gone..."

"There's probably even more police in the area. We should be careful." I warned her, then we ran straight to the Capitol Park.

"The store's over here!" North said once we reached the park, but then I saw a WR600 who was shoveling the fresh snow on the sidewalk. I stepped closer to him, deactivated the skin on my hand and I grabbed his shoulder. His LED flickered for a brief moment, then he looked at me.