༻ 5, Homicide ༺

3rd PERSON'S POV

The night has already fallen when Rose parked his uncle's car on the Pines street. By then, a number of patrol car sirens were flashing at the scene, while the area was closed with a yellow police tape and that was attracting the civil people as a magnet.

"Ah, great... Civilians and reporters weren't enough, now even the rain falls... And as I see, they've sent an ambulance instead of a hearse." Rose muttered as she stopped the car engine.

"You wait here! We won't be long..."

"My instructions are to accompany Miss Anderson to the crime scene, Lieutenant."

"Listen, I don't give a fuck about your instructions. I told you to wait here, so you shut the fuck up and you wait here." the old man said firmly, then glanced at his niece on the back seat. It was clearly visible on Rose's face that his behavior annoyed the girl, so Hank didn't say anything. Instead, he simply climbed out of the car, then went to the crime scene.

"Don't listen to him, Connor." she started with a gentle smile. "If CyberLife assigned you to me, then he can't tell you what to do and what not to do."

"I did't intend to stay in the car." he replied to Rose.

"Good! Now, let's go!" and with that they climbed out of the old vehicle. The young detective took only a few steps in the rain when a man ran to her with a microphone in his hand.

"Joss Douglas, for Channel 16. Can you confirm that this is a homicide?"

"I just arrived to the crime scene at this moment, so I'm not confirming anything." it wasn't secret that Rose hated the reporters and the journalists. There were three main reasons for this. Firstly, they published only what they wanted. Secondly, they often distorted the truth. But she most hated that they have never respected the private sphere of others.

"Androids are not permitted beyond this point." a PC200 police android informed Connor as he approached the crime scene.

"He is with me!" Rose replied, then both of them entered the investigation area. They finally joined Hank who was very disturbed by the presence of his niece's new partner.

"What part of 'stay in the car' didn't you understand?"

"Your order contradicted my instructions, Lieutenant." Rose really appreciated that Connor was different from other androids. If he thought that an instruction is preventing his work, then he simply ignored it. He was able to make his own independent decisions, not like other androids. If an android has been ordered to jump from a skyscraper, they would have done it without any word. Except the deviants... Nobody could control them. They were their own masters.

"You don't talk, you don't touch anything and you stay outta my way, got it?"

"Got it." Connor responded, then glanced at Rose.

"You can do anything you want, Connor..." she said with a big smile, indicating that he doesn't have to follow the his uncle's childish and irrational instructions. After all, she knew well that the RK800 prototype is better than anyone else. If anyone has a chance of solve this case, it's him. What's more, Rose was almost certain that Connor will be the one who would ultimately solve the mysteries of the investigation.

"Evening, Hank! We were starting to think you weren't gonna show." the voice belonged to one of the police officers, Ben Collins, who had long been on the scene when the trio arrived.

"Yeah, that was the plan until this kid and asshole found me."

"Oh, I'm sorry that this kid..." Rose pointed to Connor. "And this asshole..." she pointed to herself. "They saved you from a new page to your disciplinary folder."