༻ 29, Old friends ༺

ROSE'S POV

The next day came soon and it also meant that I can meet with my friends again. After I climbed out of the bed I instantly started my morning routine. I took a last glance at myself in the mirror, then I went downstairs. As usually, a plate of delicious breakfast was waiting for me on the dining table. Fried eggs, smoked bacon, toast, tomato and apple juice...

"Do you think your friends will like me?" Connor asked me with some worry in his voice.

"Why wouldn't they?" I looked at him, then took the final bite of my breakfast.

"A lot of people don't appreciate having androids around..."

"My family members and my friends are exceptions, so don't worry." I answered, then glanced at the clock. 10:18... "It's time to go. I don't want to be late."

"Do you want me to stay at home and make lunch?" Connor offered his help as I put the plate into the dishwasher. "Calculating the route and Sunday traffic, you wouldn't have enough time for both. The ride takes approximately 96 minutes and the cooking takes 54 minutes." for a few seconds I deepened in my thoughts. Connor was right. Furthermore, I told the girls that the lunch will be at my home, so I agreed with him.

"Would you do that for me?"

"I would do anything for you, Rose..." he replied with a smile.

"Thank you, Connor! But now I really have to go." I said, then after a quick farewell I put my jacket and boots on, then finally left the house. Fortunately, I still had enough time, so I didn't worry. I had about half an hour to pick up Scarlet at downtown and another half an hour to pick up Cassie at the bus station. I hopped into the Ranger, typed the coordinates in the GPS, then I left the Lafayette Avenue. About twenty-five minutes later I parked my car in front of a big family house on the Avery Street, I pressed the horn, then a few seconds later the door of the passenger seat opened.

"Hello! Sorry for being late. I was video chatting with Kerian. We can go now!"

"Don't worry! We have enough time... But if you don't trust me, I'll be happy to turn the police siren on. Just for ya..." I answered with a big smile as we left the Avery Street, heading for the bus station. "By the way, I love your mustard yellow cardigan."

"Thank you! I think so too, that's why I'm wearing it..." she said proudly, making both of us laugh. Only a few minutes left until the arrival of Cassie's bus when I parked the Ranger next to the station. As soon as we got out of the car we heard a familiar voice from the distance.

"Hello, sunshines! What's up?" Cassie cried out as she adjusted the locks of her colorful hair behind her ear.

"My blood pressure..." I replied simply, then glanced down at her glittering silver shoes. 'Well, yeah... Cassie never changes...'

'