༻ 53, Nostalgic mood ༺

! Warning: Sexual content
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

ROSE'S POV

On Sunday morning sweet scents woke me up. Coffee, ginger, vanilla and... 'Cinnamon mulled punch?!' My lips instantly curled into a smile as I climbed out of the bed with inhuman speed. Connor was already awake, so I was alone in the room, but at that moment I didn't care, since I couldn't stop thinking about the mulled punch. I quickly got dressed, picked up my jewelry, made my makeup and brushed my long hair, then I stepped out of the guest room with quiet steps. There was silence... 'Where is everyone?'... Sumo, Sumo Jr and Shasta were sleeping on the carpet, while Luna was trying to steal a strawberry meringue from the Christmas tree. Seconds later I heard my mother's voice coming from the kitchen.

"Trust me! I know my daughter..." she said to Connor with a chuckle at the end, while they were making breakfast. 'Awww...'

"Morning!" I greeted them once I entered the kitchen.

"Good morning, Rose!" 'What's that huge smile for, Connor?'

"Good morning, sweetie! How did you sleep?"

"Wonderfully..." I replied as I picked up a mug from the kitchen counter, then I stepped closer to Connor who was swirling the mulled punch. "Can I have a mug of punch?"

"Of course!" Connor said, then as soon as he filled my mug with the hot drink I was about to steal an apricot cookie from the the kitchen counter, but in the next moment Connor gently grabbed my wrist.

"Naaaaah~"

"You should have breakfast first, Rose."

"Please! Just a slice..." Connor let out a deep sigh, then finally smiled at me. 'Yes!'

"No..."

"Aaaaaaah!"

"Fried eggs, smoked bacon, toast and basil salad..." he said as he handed me the plate. "Enjoy your meal!"

"Thank you!" I answered, returning the smile, then I sat down at the dining table and turned on the television. Once I started watching the Polar Express my uncle joined us in the dining room.

"Good morning, Connor!"

"Good morning, Hank!"

"Good morning, Rosemary~"

"HANK!" my mother cried out with a chuckle as I started eating. "If my daughter and I would be the rosemary, then you would be the chili pepper..."

"What?! Why?"

"Because I said so, that's why..." my mother said firmly, making me laugh.

"So, are these going to be our new nicknames? Mom and I are the rosemary, Hank is the chili pepper and Connor is the cinnamon?"

"Why the cinnamon?" Connor asked me curiously, then sat down next to me. 'Because the scent of cinnamon increase the desire...'

"Because you are just like a sweet little cinnamon roll, that's why..." I explained, making Connor smile. 'Awww... Told ya... He is just like a cinnamon roll...'. After breakfast we moved to the living room with the apricot cookies, the thirium ice creams and my mother's new tea set. Connor and I sat down on the fluffy carpet, while my mother and Hank chose the couch.

"Hey, Mary! Can I ask you a personal question?"

"Jesus, Hank! You're beginning to sound like Connor." I spoke up with a chuckle, then took a sip of my hot pomegranate tea.