༻ 35, Emotional chaos ༺

ROSE'S POV

From my wonderful dreams I woke up with a smile on my face. I slowly opened my eyes, then glanced at Connor who was stroking my tangled golden brown hair.

"Good morning, Rose!" he greeted me with an honest smile, while the happiness was shining in his eyes.

"Good morning to you too, my love..." I answered, returning his smile, then I laid my head on his bare chest. Suddenly I remembered our previous night and my smile grew even wider. I was so happy...

"How do you feel?" he asked me with some worry in his voice. "I hope I wasn't too rough last night..."

"Don't worry about me, Connor! I'm fine." I replied, then I slowly sat up in the bed as my hair softly sprawled on my naked back.

"I'll make breakfast for you while you take a shower." he informed me, then pressed his lips against my neck.

"Get dressed first..." I added with a chuckle at the end. After that, he smiled at me, climbed out of the bed, then picked up his shirt from the floor. "I changed my mind... Would you like to join me for have a refreshing shower?" I asked him, looking at him through the mirror. His lips instantly curled into a smile... Once we finished with our shower and left the bathroom Connor made me breakfast, while I feed the dogs, then we spent the rest of the day on the couch in the living room. I glanced at the clock. 16:27... We were in the middle of a movie when suddenly my phone started ringing. "Hello, Hank!" I answered the call as I put the bowl of popcorn on the coffee table.

"Hey, kid! Fowler called me a few minutes ago and said that we have to go to the station right away. All three of us..." he informed me.

"What? But why?" I asked him with some worry in my voice. "Is something wrong?"

"I dunno... Fowler didn't say anything. Be there within an hour!" my uncle said, then he ended the call. I quickly got dressed into my roses-covered dress, picked up my jewelry, made my usual makeup and finally went downstairs.

"Shall we go?" I asked him as I put my jacket and boots on, but Connor didn't answer. He was lost in his thoughts. "Connor...?"

"Yes, we can go." he replied finally with a smile on his face, then as soon as we stepped out of the house and hopped into the Ranger we left the Lafayette Avenue.

"What are you thinking about?" I asked him when we were already just a few miles away from the DPD. "You were completely deepened in your thoughts during the movie as well."

"Can I ask you a perso-"

"CONNOR!" I cut him off with a chuckle. "You can ask anything what you want."

"The rose on your back..." he started to talk about my tattoo uncertainly. "It's covering a scar... Isn't it?"

"Yes... Car accident..." I answered as I looked into the rearview mirror. "I have always wanted a tattoo either on my forearm or on my back. The car accident happened a few weeks after I painted the perfect rose." I explained, then finally we reached our destination and I parked the Ranger in the parking lot of the police station. Hank's car still wasn't there, but we entered the DPD. 'I have a bad feeling...'

CONNOR'S POV

I felt that Rose's level of stress was increasing. I was just wondering how should I calm her down, but before I could say anything we heard a familiar voice.