༻ 34, Surrounded by the stars ༺

! Warning: Sexual content
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

CONNOR'S POV

The sun was already high up on the sky when I woke up. I instantly glanced at Rose who was sleeping peacefully in my arms. She was so calm and beautiful... I adjusted the tangled locks of her hair behind her ear, then I kissed her forehead. My lips curled into a smile as I remembered the memories of the previous night...

"Alarm deactivated. Welcome home, Connor!" the mechanical voice greeted me as I entered the house. Though, the hallway was dominated by dim, the light garlands on the living room wall was till turned on. Those beautiful golden lights created a pleasant atmosphere in the huge room. As I walked closer to the coffee table I noticed Rose who was sleeping between the soft pillows. For a few more moments I was admiring her peaceful face as the lights of the garlands covered it with golden shades, then I carefully lifted her and carried to the bedroom.

"Connor..." as she whispered my name a smile spread across my face. She was dreaming about me... Entering the room, I gently put her on the bed, then carefully removed her brown plush hoodie, so she could sleep comfortably in the leggings and the tank top. Once I changed my clothes and climbed into the bed I pulled the warm blanket over us, pulled Rose into an embrace, then finally I switched myself into sleep mode...

From my deep thoughts Rose's groan pulled me back into reality.

"Good morning, Rose!" I greeted her. As she heard my voice she opened her moss green eyes.

"Good morning to you too, Connor!" she whispered in a sleepy voice, looking at me with a smile on her face, then buried her face into the crook of my neck. "What time is it? I feel like I slept more than I needed..."

"Ten twenty-eight and you slept for at least fourteen hours." I informed her, then suddenly I remembered the previous night again. "Can I ask you a personal question, Rose?"

"Mhmmm..."

"Did you dream about me last night?" I asked her with a curious smile. Rose didn't say anything, instead she glanced at me. She had astonishment written all over his face.

"Yes, but... How do you know that?"

"When I carried you to the bedroom you whispered my name, while you were sleeping."

"Oh... Annnd did I say anything else?"

"No." I replied honestly, then I deepened in my thoughts for a brief moment. "What did you dream about, if may I ask?" as the question left my mouth Rose's heart rate began to increase and a bright red blush spread across her cheeks, then suddenly she broke the eye contact. 'Did I say something wrong?'. "I'll make breakfast for you." I added, then after a kiss both of us left the bed. Rose headed straight to the bathroom, while I got dressed and went to the kitchen. I made some strawberry waffles and a mug of vanilla cappuccino, then as soon as I placed them on the dining table I walked closer to the huge window and looked out of it. Although, the snowfall has stopped for a while, the snow covered landscape continued to shine wonderfully.

"I don't know why, but I feel that today will be a perfect day..." Rose said as she sat down at the dining table.

"What makes you think that?" I asked her curiously, trying to hide my smile.

"I don't know... I woke up well rested, my mood is great... But the most important thing is that we can spend this beautiful day together." she answered, then started eating the fresh waffles. Rose's words gave me courage, so I was no longer worried that she might reject my invitation. A few hours later we were watching a movie on the couch, but my thoughts were far away from reality. "What's wrong, Connor?" Rose asked me with some worry in her voice, cuddling against my chest and watching the movie.