༻ 10, Fugitives ༺

ROSE'S POV

About fifteen minutes later we reached the Ravendale district where we immediately found the others. It wasn't difficult, because the lights of the sirens of the patrol cars could be seen from miles away. Although, I also had a siren in the middle of the windshield, I never used it. I parked my car behind Hank's veteran vehicle, then we hopped out of it to join the others. Hank and Officer Collins were talking to a civilian man, but I couldn't see any other cops in the area.

"It's raining again..." I remarked with a sigh. I didn't hate the rain. Actually, I liked it, especially when I was hiding under a warm blanket with a mug of hot chocolate, listening as the raindrops knocking on the window, but I hated when it was raining during an outdoor investigation. I looked around and instantly recognized the neighborhood, including the motel, the laundry and the convenience store where I met with Kara and Alice.

"Alright, that's all for now. Free to go." I heard my uncle's voice not far from us.

"We've got officers sweeping the neighborhood, in case anybody saw anything." Officer Collins informed him.

"Okay. Well... Let me know if they turn anything up." Hank replied, then came closer to us. "So, what do we got here? Bus driver saw it at two thirty, seen at a convenience store..."

"It tried to steal a wire cutter." Connor informed us. 'What?!' I froze... I had no idea how could he know about that, since we just arrived a few moments ago. It seemed that this information was new for Hank too. "There must be a reason."

"Wire cutter? The fuck you talkin' about?" the lieutenant looked at him in confusion.

"I checked the CCTV while you were questioning the clerk. The android was caught on camera trying to steal them." 'FUUUUUUUCK!'. I started to panic that maybe he saw me too on the recording, but it seemed that he he didn't notice me. I had to admit, I was really lucky that I didn't take of the hood of my jacket when I entered the store. "It took the first bus that came along and stayed at the end of the line. Its decision wasn't planned, it was driven by fear."

"Androids don't feel fear." Hank said with a fake smile.

"Deviants do. They get overwhelmed by their emotions and make irrational decisions. It didn't have a plan and it had nowhere to go... It was looking for a place to hide."

"Ssssso... What's your conclusion?" I asked curiously. Connor deepened in his thought for a few seconds, then turned around to look at the abandoned house on the other side of the road.

"Maybe it didn't go far..." he answered in a low voice. We walked across the busy road, then examined the house more closely. There was a wire fence all around the building, so we could look at it only from the outside, but a few moments later we found a gap on one side over which anyone could get into the locked private area. It was cut with a wire cutter. 'Oh, no... Oh, no, no, no, no, no...' I started to worry about Kara and Alice. "There's blue blood on the fence. I know another android was here." the RK800 informed us once he analyzed the thirium on the fence. Hank decided to waiting for us outside the fence, so only Connor and I went inside to examine the scary house. When we entered we found ourselves in a huge and very ruined room that was a probably a living room and in the middle of it there was a damaged android who was wearing dirty clothes. I had great knowledge about the androids, so I immediately recognized that he was a WR600. CyberLife designed them for maintenance in green spaces, including trash collection and gardening. To the best of my knowledge many of them worked at the urban farms too which were located at the top of the tall buildings of Detroit. "Are there any other androids here?" Connor asked the android who was staring at the ground.