༻ 60, Every minute counts ༺

ROSE'S POV

As I opened my eyes in the morning everything seemed peaceful for a moment, but then the painful memories of the previous night revived in me. I glanced at Connor who was sleeping in my arms all night. I was worried and scared, but I had to be strong, so I couldn't let my emotions overflow in me. I had to be strong... For Connor... 'My love... Everything will be fine!' I didn't want to wake him up, so I carefully climbed out of the bed, quietly got dressed and brushed my hair, then finally I left the bedroom with my laptop and the folder in my hand. There was silence... The birds didn't singing on that morning... Once I made a mug of lavender tea for myself I sat down on the couch next to Luna, then started reading the documents which Dr Wallace stole from CyberLife a few months ago. I spent almost half an hour reading Amanda Stern's notes and finally I found some clue on the last pages.

« Project activation: August 15, 2038 »
« Project location: CyberLife tower, Floor 42, Room 9D »
« Project status: Stable – Active »
« Project subject: Connor Dechart (March 17, 2007) »
« Project leader: Dr Amanda Stern »

'Maybe I can found something...' I instantly opened my laptop and started searching between the investigation files. As a detective I had access to the full database of DPD, but I didn't find anything. 'What the hell?'... After that, I checked the official website of CyberLife, but it was a dead end. Again... For a brief moment I deepened in my thoughts, then finally an idea came to my mind. 'The personal records...'

« Search – Name: Connor Dechart Location: Detroit »
« Search in progress... »
« Search results: »

« Name: Connor Dechart »
« Date of birth: March 17, 2007 »
« Home address: - Missing »
« Affiliation: - Missing »
« Criminal record: None »

"Shit..." I murmured, then took a sip of my tea. I was confused. 'I don't understand... The records say that he is missing, but I can't find him in the police database... How is that possible?' Seconds later I was still lost in my thoughts, then finally I glanced at the corner of the screen. 11:08... I picked up Dr Wallace's business card without hesitation, then called him, hoping that he can help me.

"I'm Dr Wallace." he introduced himself politely as soon as he answered my call.

"Dr Wallace... It's me, Rose."

"Hello, Rose! What can I do for you?"

"It's about your friend..." I started, stroking Luna in my lap. "Connor Dechart. That's his name, right?"

"Yes."

"You said that he never mentioned his exact home address, but... Do you know anything about his family?"

"Well... I know that his father died more than ten years ago. And I know that he lived with his mother and his younger sister somewhere in downtown Detroit." he said, then went silent for a moment. "He once mentioned his sister's name, but unfortunately I already don't remember. Her name was short..."

"And what about the necklace?"

"Connor wore it every day. For him it was like an amulet. It was in the room 9D, next to the hibernation bed and I knew how important it was to him, so I couldn't let CyberLife take it away from him..."

"Anything else?"

"No. Unfortunately, nothing... But if I remember anything, I'll call you immediately."