༻ 41, We are alive and now we are free ༺

3rd PERSON'S POV

"NORTH!" Markus warned her as another grenade exploded in the crowd, then the soldiers also appeared, entering the barricade to kill the survivors. The leader of the deviants was trying to save his people, but most of them paid with their life during the attack... The last survivors ran to the bus wreck that was a part of the barricade, then looked back at the soldiers who surrounded them from all sides and aimed their weapons at the defenceless deviants. The U.S. Army was waiting for the command. This was the end... There was nothing to do... And the leader of Jericho knew this... Meanwhile, the events also took place in the helicopter of the Channel 16 above the camp.

"Thanks Michael, back to you in the studio." the reporter said, then glanced back at the deviants. "W-w-wait a minute!" for a brief moment Markus was waiting for death without a word, then stepped forward and finally began singing in the snowfall...

Hold on... Just a little while longer...

Everything will be alright...

Meanwhile, North stepped forward and joined Markus, gently grabbed his hand and continued singing together.

Fight on... Just a little while longer...

Pray on... Just a little while longer...

Everything will be alright...

Finally, the people of Jericho, the survivors of the ruthless massacre, were singing together... For the last time...

Sing on... Just a little while longer...

Everything will be alright...

Everything will be... Alright ~...

And with that everything went silent... The survivors of Jericho were waiting for death with raised heads... The soldiers were waiting only for President Warren's command. Of course, she was watching every second of the events in Detroit. She was completely shocked, since she saw with her own eyes what she wouldn't have thought even in her dreams. Something touched her heart and finally she understood...

"Tell them to stand down!" she ordered, keeping her blue eyes on the screen of the television. She was looking at the deviants who were ready to die. But the U.S. Army stood down... Markus and his people won the revolution... The androids finally gained their freedom... "At dawn today, November 11st 2038, thousands of androids invaded the city of Detroit..." President Cristina Warren started her conference, while the whole world was listening to her words. "According to our sources, they originated from CyberLife warehouses believed to have been infiltrated by deviants... Given their overwhelming numbers and the risk of civilian casualties, I have ordered the army to retreat. The evacuation of the city underway at this very moment... In the coming hours, I will address the Senate to determine our response to this unprecedented situation. I know that public opinion has been moved by the deviants' cause. Perhaps the time has come for us to consider the possibility that androids are a new form of intelligent life... One thing is certain; The events in Detroit have changed the world forever... May God bless you and may God bless the United States of America."