༻ 13, A new case ༺

ROSE'S POV

From my dreams the pleasant autumn rain woke me up. The raindrops were constantly knocking on the window. For a few seconds I was watching as the raindrops was flowing on the glass, then suddenly I realized that I was in my own room. I knew exactly that last night I fell asleep on the couch, but after a while I remembered the new resident of my home. My lips instantly curled into a smile... Although, I was still sorrowful about Markus, but I didn't want to get into a vicious circle again. This wasn't the first time when I lost a beloved person, whether human or android, so I knew it very well, if I let the negative feelings to destroy me, then I'll hurt myself. I had to be strong... I glanced at the hologram clock on the nightstand. 10:58... Standing in front of the huge mirror of my room, I put my golden brown hair up to a messy bun, put my satin robe on my night dress, then I went to the kitchen to start my day with a mug of hot cappuccino. Of course, I sweetened it with some vanilla, then finally I walked to the living room. As soon as I sat down on the couch I noticed a colorful drawing on the coffee table which I picked up right away. I instantly recognized the person on the paper. It was me... I was holding a few wild roses in my hand, looking at them with my most sincere smile. Minutes later I was still admiring the masterpiece and after I was examining every little detail of it I glanced at the message written on the corner of the paper.

'I'm hoping this sincere smile of yours will return soon... Connor'

It was the most beautiful handwriting I had ever seen. After reading the message, the sincere smile on the drawing spread across my face. This tiny gesture made my day perfect. I was unbelievably grateful to Connor for everything he did for me, whether the beautiful drawing in my hand or the delicious blueberry pancakes. By the way, about the pancakes... Needless to say, what was waiting for me on the dining table. Once I finished the breakfast I looked out of the window. It was still raining and everything was covered with grey veil under the dark clouds. I thought that a relaxing hot bath could compensate the gloomy mood, so I picked up my brown towel, my black lace undergarments, my camera and my headphones, then finally I hurried straight to the bathroom...

3rd PERSON'S POV

It was still lightly raining when the lieutenant parked his old car not so far from a food truck, called 'Chicken Feed'. Leaving Connor on the passenger seat, he climbed out of the car without any word, then headed to the food truck. He almost got hit by a taxi, but he didn't care.

"Hey, Hank!" he was greeted by a man who was the owner of the food truck. "How' you doing?"

"Eh, you know... Same old shit." Hank replied, while the man was making another hamburger. Meanwhile, Connor was patiently waiting in the car, but finally he decided to reconcile with the grumpy lieutenant, so he also got out of the vehicle, walked to the food truck, ignoring the rain, then finally he stopped beside the lieutenant who was waiting for his lunch. "What is your problem?" Hank asked him in an unfriendly tone as soon as he noticed the presence of the android. "Don't you ever do as you're told? Look, you don't have to follow me around like a poodle..." he growled.

"I'm sorry for my behavior back at the police station." Connor started. "I didn't mean to be unpleasant..."

"Oh, wow... You've even got a brown-nosing apology program!" Hank answered with a sarcastic laugh at the end. "Guys at CyberLife thought of everything, huh?" after his comment the man in the food truck handed over the Lieutenant's lunch. Connor instantly analyzed it.

Sync in progress... Sync done... Collecting data... Processing data; Hamburger - 1680kCal, lipids 36g, carbohydrates 53g, water 53%, salt 2.2g.