28|| Finally...THE WEDDING!!! (2)

*Previously*

Into this - these two persons present now come to be joined. If any person can show just cause why they may not be joined together - let them speak now or forever hold their peace."

Nobody says anything or stands up.

I sigh in relief. Thank Goddess.

The priest was about to continue when two loud voices ring out in the silence.

"WE OBJECT!"

Melia's POV

I whip around so fast, I'm surprised I don't get whiplash.

"Who said that?" I say as I scan the crowd for the culprits.

"Oh sweetie, don't you remember our voices," a nauseatingly familiar voice says

I felt my blood turn to ice as they stepped forward and into my line of sight.

"What the fuck are you doing here?" I snarl, ignoring the gasp that came from the priest.

"Can't a mother and father come to their daughter's wedding?" she says, sickly sweet smile on her lips.

"You're not welcome here. Neither of you are. So leave. Immediately."

"Baby girl, I thought you missed us. We're your parents" my father says, spreading his arms out for a hug.

"No. You are not my parents" I spit, glaring at them in hatred.

"You stopped being my parents when you kicked me out of the house and called me a worthless mistake. You're nothing to me. Leave, so I can get married in peace."

"We didn't mean to say that. It was an honest mistake-"

"Yeah, right" I mutter.

  "-Also, you can't get married. You're only 17. We still have to take care of you. You're too young. Come back home and we'll forgive you."

At that point, I lost it.

"You'll forgive me. YOU'LL FORGIVE ME?!" I screech, "ARE YOU ON DRUGS?! I DON'T WANT YOUR FUCKING FORGIVENESS! AND I DON'T NEED YOU TO TAKE CARE OF ME. I'M 18. I'M A FUCKING LEGAL ADULT, BITCH."

"Camyrn, sweetheart, let's talk this out" my father pleads.

"My name is NOT Camyrn, I am NOT your 'sweetheart'. And we will NOT 'talk this out'. You didn't 'talk it out' when you literally threw me out of the house and gave me a concussion and broken bones. I don't see why I should fucking talk now."

"Baby girl, I-"

"GO TO HELL WHERE YOU BELONG AND FUCKING BURN, YOU DIPDOS" I yell, glaring at them before signaling the security to take them out.

"You'll regret this, Camyrn," Leila says before she and Devon she disappear out of my line of sight.

I inhale deeply and exhale to get the anger out of my system as Caspian's thumbs stroke my knuckles comfortingly. 

"Okay, I'm ready," I say, turning to face Caspian once again and sending him a wobbly smile.

"You can continue," he says to the priest, sending me a comforting smile in return.

The priest clears his throat and begins speaking.

I zone out for the most part, just staring into Caspian's eyes and relishing in the feeling of warmth and comfort he gave as his thumbs caress my knuckles

"And now, the bride and groom will read out each other's vows," the priest declares in a loud voice.

Kiana hands me the notecards which I had written my vows while Roman does the same with Caspian.