2-38|| Talk to Me

"I think...I think we should take a break."

My heart stops and my blood freezes. The world around me slows and starts to sway.

"No" I whisper, stumbling back.

He reaches for me but I pull away from him.

"Angel, listen-"

"No. NO! NO! NO!"

"Melia, I-"

"No, zip it. You don't get to talk right now" I yell at him, tears streaming down my cheeks.

He looks shocked and opens his mouth to say something but I interrupt him. 

"You think I didn't tell you because I don't trust you. Complete and utter bullshit. Caspian, I trust you with my life. I didn't tell you because I didn't want you to feel like it was your fault because it wasn't. I didn't tell you because I didn't want you to get angry and do something you'd regret. I didn't tell you because I didn't want you to feel worthless and incompetent and inadequate and useless or feel that I'm too good for you because I'm not. To me, you're a blessing from the Moon Goddess herself. You're the one guy I've been with who doesn't care about the amount of money I have. You make me feel special. You make me feel like I'm the only girl in the world. You make me feel beautiful. And I love you. I love you so much, it hurts. Do you love me?"

"Of course I do."

"Really? Because if you loved me the way I love you, you wouldn't be doing this. You wouldn't be doubting yourself like this. You wouldn't doubt my love for you. You wouldn't think you're not good enough for me. So, I'll ask you again. Do you love me?"

He hesitates and that's all the answer I need.

"So you want us to take a break, huh?" I say quietly, looking down so he can't see the tears in my eyes.

How can he do this to me? 

I thought he loved me. He's my soulmate for crying out loud.

"Melia I-"

"No...No" I interrupt, as I walk to the door. 

I need some space. This is too much to handle.

"W..Where are you going?"

 I turn back to look at him. "I..I can't do this."

He stumbles back in shock and stammers, "W-What? W-What do you m-mean?"

"I mean...I can't do this right now. I need some space. I just...I can't look at you right now without feeling hurt."

"Angel, please...don't do this. I-I didn't m-mean what I said before. I-I-I was being stupid. Don't leave me."

The devastated expression on his face makes my heart ache but I need this. I need time to process this.

"I'm not leaving you Caspian. I just...I need time to..to think about this, okay? "

I turn and open the door before stepping out and shutting it behind me. I feel his anguish and despair through our bond and it makes my knees weak but I push through it and start walking downstairs. 

*******

I ring the doorbell and bite my lip as I wait for him to answer. He does a few moments later and there is momentary shock on his face before he opens his door wider and gathers me in his arms. 

And that's all it takes for me to break down.

He carries me into the house and locks the door before walking to the couch and sitting down, me still in his arms.