35|| King?!

*Previously*

"What is going on here," a deep, baritone voice says.

We all turn and I swear I do a double-take.

It's an exact replica of Caspian!

***********

Caspian's POV

I stare at the man in front of me in complete and utter shock.

Someone I haven't seen in 16 years.

"D-Dad?"

He looks up and his eyes widen as his mouth opens.

"C-Caspian. I-Is th-that you?" he says, his voice cracking as takes a step towards me.

"Y-Yeah, it's me," I say, a wet laugh escaping my lips.

All of sudden, he is in front of me, enveloping me in a hug.

Somehow, Melia had slipped out of my hold when I was staring at my dad and she stands off to the side, looking on with a small smile playing on her lips.

His arms tighten around me and we just stand there for a few minutes. 

When we finally pull away, he has tears in his eyes and I'm pretty sure I do too.

Then, I remember why I haven't seen him in 16 years.

I step away from him and out of his hold. A flash of hurt crosses his face before confusion replaces it.

He opens his mouth to say something but I beat him to it.

"You left us. Why? Why did you leave us? Why did you leave me?"

He looks pained as he says, "I had no choice. I was forced to come back here."

"You never came back. You never even vi-isited." My voice cracks, ultimately breaking my cool facade.

I was hurt. He just left us, with no money, no source of income, no note saying why he left, NOTHING. We were struggling and Regan had convinced herself that it was my fault. 

It was my fault that the car crashed. 

It was my fault that he left.

It was my fault he never came back.

It was my fault we almost always went to sleep hungry.

It was my fault we almost lost the house.

It was all my FAULT. 

Everything. My fault.

I don't realize I am crying until I feel Melia's thumb brush away a tear that had fallen. I look down at her through my blurry eyes and see her smile at me sadly before wrapping her arms around my neck and placing my head on her shoulder. She has to go on her tiptoes since I'm much taller than she is.

I realize that I probably look stupid doing this but I don't care. I just need someone to comfort me and that's what she does best.

When I deem myself ready, I raise my head from her shoulder and when I straighten, I smile down at her as she interlaces our fingers.

What would I do without her?

I look up at my father and his face is frozen in shock.

He opens his mouth and closes it a few times before finally stammering out, "I-I-I'm s-s-sorry. I-I-" 

Guess I said that out loud.

"Sorry doesn't help. Sorry doesn't fix what happened. Sorry doesn't fix the fact that you ABANDONED us" I snapped, venom in my voice.