Chapter 22

"Tae. Can I ask you something?" I asked while looking around. "Proceed." He politely said. "Why do you own a restaurant?" I asked.

It was so beautiful and aesthetic at the same time with a chandelier in the middle of the white marble ceiling

"My father forced me to. So he builds one for me. He did this because he was an internationally famous chef especially in Asia and owns some restaurants in other countries such as Korea, the main one, Japan, Australia, German, France, South America, London, Switzerland, Vietnam, Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore and Hong Kong." He explained.

I widened my eyes in shock. Totally shock. Owns some restaurants in 13 countries including Korea?! No wonder he has his own 'mansion', luxury car and restaurant.

"Then, why you've to search for part-time jobs in the city? You've got your own restaurant already." I said and finally, the foods arrived. Wow! This steak size was so big! And so his sirloin steak.

I might be getting full enough after eating half of it. "Well, running a restaurant business is not my thing. For me, it's so boring to do because from what I saw from my father, it's totally exhausting. Especially he owns a lot of branches in some countries. So, that's why this place looks empty." He said and I nodded.

"Let's eat, shall we?" Taehyung said and I nodded. I grabbed the utensils and when I almost cut it into pieces, he quickly takes my plate and slices it into small pieces.

Shit! I'm soft at how romantic he was, like, he's such a boyfriend material! "Done! You can eat now." He said and put the plate in front of me as I started to take a bite.

Gosh! It's perfectly cooked! It's so tender, juicy and of course!! Delicious! Perfect for my style.

“Taehyung. Is there any professional chef here? It's so scrumptious!" I compliment and he just laughs.

"Of course! What kind of restaurant doesn't have any professional chef?" He said and take a bite of his sirloin steak.

~timeskip

"Bye, Tae! See you tomorrow! I'm gonna miss you!" I said, waving him for the outside of the car window. "Bye, Love! Miss you too!" He said and smiled widely from the inside. So cute!

He then drove away as I went inside to the apartment complex. After that, I went to my apartment room and straight away take a relaxing shower.

1 hour later...

I wrapped my body using a towel and went out of the bathroom. Then, I use an oversized sweater and shorts as I dried my hair using a towel.

Suddenly, my phone was ringing. Who's calling me? I grabbed my phone and it was... Mom? It's been a while since the last time she called me in the middle of the night.

"Oh. Hi mom." I answered it. "Hi! We missed you so much, Y/N!" She said. "Me too." "Wait. Why are you sounded so tired? Did anything happen? Have you eaten yet?" She asked, worriedly.

"Don't worry, mom. I've eaten not long ago so yeah. I'm a bit tired because it's Monday, right? Monday blues." I sighed.

"Oh right. Monday is a school day." She agreed. "By the way, how's your school holidays? Good?" She asked. I sighed again.

"There's a lot of things happened but yeah, it's good. As long as Hyeri is there for me." I said.

I didn't want my parents to know that I'm in a relationship now. If not, they're gonna tell the whole city about it that Taehyung gonna be there 'soon to be son-in-law' because like what I've said before, it's my first time in a relationship so, they didn't expect that to happen to me but surely they will act like this. I know my parents well.

"Oh yeah, really? I'm glad to hear good news from you. And also, I've heard that you've got someone 'special' now." She said, with that 'teasing' voice.

I widened my eyes in shock. Wait. How did she know about it? I didn't tell her bout' that before. What?! I'm totally confused right now. And I hesitate to answer it.

"Okay, so first, yes, I've got someone special now. Two, who told you bout' that? I haven't told you yet." I said, full of anger. Who the fuck is that mysterious person that breaks my promises?!!

"Well, there's one day, a guy is answering my call using your phone then he told me that he's your boyfriend now. And he also tells me that he will protect you until both of you get married together. Awwww. That was the sweetest guy you've ever met! The first one!" She then chuckled.

I got shocked for the second time. Wait. Taehyung?! When did he use my phone? By the way, awwwww!!!! He's such a sweet boy!!

"If you don't mind, what's his name? He doesn't mention his name. Since he wanted to keep it secret." She laughs.

"Kim Taehyung," I answered. "Wow. Such a sweet name! How was he? Does he look attractive? Rich? Tall? Good in sports? What does he do? Romantic? Fun-"

I cut her off. "Mom! Stop it! I'm blushing right now." I said and she laughs. "Okay. I gotta go. Bye, sweetie! Take care!" "Bye, mom!" I said and hang up the call.

I brushed my hair and put some lip balm so it doesn't look dead. I feel a bit relaxed because I've done all of my homework at school so, it's fucking freedom. I went to the living room and watch my favorite k-drama.

Not an hour later, someone was calling me. Again. Oh. It's Taehyung. "Sup, babe!" "Sup, Tae. What if this sudden call?" I asked. "Wae? Is it wrong to call my precious sweetheart in the world?"

He sounded sad. From what I heard, I know that he makes his cute pouty face. I chuckled. "I didn't say that it's wrong. I just asked about this sudden call, right? It's not wrong to call me 24/7 non-stop. Don't misunderstand. I'm waiting for your love call." I said, smiling at myself.

Bitch. It's a bit cheesy. Ughh. But, I love it anyway. "Challenge accepted." "Wait. What?" I'm a bit confused here. What's that mean?

"Yeah, I accepted the challenge, where you've said that I can call you for 24/7 non-stop." He said and let out a small chuckle.

"I didn't give-" He cut me off. "I know you like it actually." He said with his sweet voice. I just blank right now but I feel butterflies in my stomach, repeating the same words in my mind and I smile widely.

Ughh! He just knows all about me, I can't- "Yeah, I do but, I didn't agree to call me for 24/7 non-stop. Because dude. I need to go to that damn school." I said as I sigh. "Oh, right. Mmmm... maybe, we changed the challenge? How bout' that?" He said. "Change to what?" I asked.

"Hmmm... let me think... How about, I visit you every day?" He suggests. "Okay. Deal. I like it." I said, and smile. "Okay." He said. "Oh, before I forget, did you have free time this Friday night?" He asked. "Hmmmm... Maybe. Why?" I asked, in curiosity.

"Nothing. I'm just asking. So, take a rest babe. Today was tiring day in school so, better not to let yourself sick because of school subject." He said and laughs. "Yeah, I agree with you," I said.

"Anyway, bye baby!" "Bye, TaeTae! Love you!" I said and hang up the call. I soon get up from the couch and straight away to my bedroom.

~timeskip

6:17 p.m.

I woke up and sit down. I'm totally blank right now. Don't know what to do. I stood up and went to the bathroom to wash my face and brush my teeth.

Then, I went to the kitchen and start making dinner. Kimchi fried rice with dried seaweed and egg rolls for the side dish.
When I was 'rolling' my egg, someone rings the doorbell. Huh? Did I call someone to come over?

Again. It rings for the second time. "Wait for a second!! I'm on my way!" I screamed from the kitchen and ran over to the door. I opened it and saw... a kidnapper?

To be continued...