Chapter 23

A kidnapper named Kim Taehyung came over? “Tae?” I stood there like a stone, my mind went blank again.

“Heyo! It’s a pleasure to meet you, Y/N.” He smiled and step in into my apartment room. I went to the kitchen again and continue with the ‘rolling egg’ thing.

“Why so sudden?” I asked, plating my food. “Nah, I’m just bored at home so, I came here to spend the whole night with you.” He said, sitting at the couch and watch some k-drama.

“Tae. Why don’t you join me for dinner? I made kimchi fried rice.” I told him and he immediately came and took a seat opposite mine.

Then he shoves a spoonful of it into his mouth. “Oh right, Tae.” He hummed in respond.

“When did you use my phone?” I asked him, in a serious tone voice. Well, I’m not mad bout’ this thing but why didn’t he tell me?

“What do you mean?” He stopped eating and looked at me, with his furrowed eyebrows, in confusion.

“My mom did receive news about I’m getting a boyfriend because she told me that there’s a guy picking up her call and the guy said that he will protect me until we get married. It’s you, right? Because it’s an obvious explanation from my mother to me.” I said while folding my arms on my chest with that ‘I know it’s you’ look. He chuckled.

~Flashback

Taehyung’s POV

When Y/N went to the washroom, her phone left on the table while it’s ringing. It’s her mom. Then, I answered the call.

“Hi, honey! How’s your school holiday?” Her mother asked. “I’m sorry but Y/N went to the washroom,” I said with my trembling voice and bit my lower lip.

“Sorry but, who’s on the phone?” Her mother asked, in a worried tone. Fuck! I’m in a nerve-wracking situation!

How am I going to answer this? I think for a second and an idea suddenly popped up in my mind. Aish! Whatever!

“Oh. I’m his boyfriend that will protect your daughter until we get married.” I said, smiles a bit.

“Ah. Tell her that I’m going to call her later.” She said. “Oh, okay. No problem. Bye aunty.” I said. “Bye.” She said and I end up the phone call.

~End of the flashback and Taehyung's POV

“Wae? What’s the matter with that? It’s that wrong?” He asked, smiling. “Yes. Because I wasn’t ready to tell them yet.” I said and eating my fried rice.

“Why? It’s not like you’re telling them that you’re pregnant.” He said. I choke on my food and immediately drink water.

“Yeah, I know but, it’s my first time so they were like, ‘Oh my gosh! My girl has grown up!’ or ‘Oh my! Good luck’ or whatever it was, which makes me really annoyed.” I said, continued eating. He laughs and he continued too.

~timeskip

We’ve done eating and wash dishes, so we just hang out here. “Oh, yeah. How’s your school life?” He asked while drinking his banana milk.

“School sucks. I never felt excited about going to school except meeting my friends. Yeah, I want to go to school just to see my friends. That’s all. Nothing else.” I said and sighed. “Yeah, I agree.” He nodded.

“By the way, did you go to school? It seems like you don’t.” I drink my banana milk and turned my body to his side. “Yea. I went to my ‘homeschool’s school.” He said and let out a sigh.

I bet that it was really fun because you don’t have to wake up very early in the morning, waiting for the bus to pick me up, wearing school uniforms and so on.

“Wow! You're so lucky! That’s my dream school!” I said, feeling unlucky. “Well, a little. Because all of ‘us’ went to the same homeschool. That’s when all of us met and unite as one until today.” He said and pick up another banana milk from the table and drinks it.

“Is it? I thought it’s like a personal school but at home.” I said while closing my mouth using my hands in shock.

“Nah. It’s because their parents were my parent’s friends. Namjoon and Seokjin were siblings and Namjoon is the older brother, which is their father was my father’s first employee since 2010. Jungkook and Yoongi’s mother was my mother’s best friends while Hoseok and Jimin’s father was my father’s childhood friends. So, yea. I don’t know either about this homeschool. I thought somebody was going to tutor me privately but suddenly, these guys showed up and my parents said that they’re gonna joined me too. And I, well, I accepted it because I want ‘friends’ too. So, that’s it. That’s how our ‘squad’ unite as one.” He explained. Feeling the moment at how they getting along together.

When I look into his eyes deeply, it started to get watery and his precious tears started to fall down through his soft, puffy cheeks.

For the first time, I saw him crying in front of me, I felt I wanted to cry too. I’ve never seen this side of him before.

It makes my heart breaks slowly into small pieces like broken glasses. “Hey, Tae. Why did you cry? Don’t cry. It’s sad seeing you like this.” I said, calm him down.

“No, I’m just...it’s sad every time I thought about it. How’s our first met, our euphoric hours, our sorrowful moments, our historic memories and our disagreement for each other’s opinion. It makes me feel sad.” He sobbed and burying his head on my chest. I hugged him and caressed his soft hair gently.

“Shhh... It’s okay. At least you’ve got them now, right? Well, I’ve been through the same thing in my past life. I don’t wanna talk about it anymore because it was my bitter-sweet memories.” I said, gathered all of my strength not to cry.

To be continued...